cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap charm RFC has confirmed accidentally and not able to change charm status of dependent change document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using CHARM 7.1 SP11 and we have a situation where Request for Change document has confirmed accidentally and there is one charm document in satus approved for production with 2 changes. While trying to change status of this CD we are getting the attached error and we are not able to change its charm status to In production as its RFC has in status confirmed.

Is there any way to resolve this and move the changes of the above charm document into production. If not what would be the best resolution for this how can we move that CD changes into production and what should we do with the CD charm status?

Also how can we make sure that RFC's status should not be changed to CONFIRMED untill and unless all its dependent charm documents statuses are in INPRODUCTION.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Abdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

You have to SPRO settings for maintaining RFC to confirmed only when change document status are in Prouction

SPRO PATH :

SPRO->SAP Solution manager->Capabilities->Change Control Management->Change Request Management Framework->Make settings for change Transaction Types->Specify Status Attributes->(Select transaction Type egSMCR) ->Specify Required status Values for Sucessor.

Let me know if anymore details requried.

Thanks,

Rohan Chougule

Solman Consultant.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is exactly what I am talking about, only that this is the SPRO activity and I access this customizing from SM34

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

This may happen due to our own customisation on pre doc status set,

normally this all has to be tested before golive, with the dummy transports.

fine, but we can try two posible options, like decouple the TR and assign to new CD and try to import from the new CD

else use the note   1911047 - ChaRM: Missing Actions - Recheck action does not resolve, here they given some guidance and z coding for removing the system errors manually and rerun the action,

since you corrected your predoc status, it might also help.

Please try.

Hope this helps.

Thansk and Best regards,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks how about my other question:

"Also how can we make sure that RFC's status should not be changed to CONFIRMED untill and unless all its dependent charm documents statuses are in INPRODUCTION." ?

In our case there are two CD's in 1 RFC and thier statuses are as follows:

CD1: In production

CD2: Approved for production

RFC status: Confirmed

And we want to avoid this situation in future?

Thanks,

Abdul

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This can be controlled through SM34 => cluster view AIC_SETTINGS.

There is a node there, 'Specify Status Attributes'. You can choose the status 'Completed', then go to node 'Specify Required Status Values for Successor'. You could specify that for the SMCR to be at Status Completed (E0006) , the successor (SMMJ) should be at a certain status first (Imported into production, completed, withdrawn... etc).

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is Normal CD, Please check if the transports associated with the changes are present in the import queue , It will be imported when you make a phase change to "Go Live" and once it is moved to production then you can use report CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT to change the status of your CD forcefully to next stage. Uncheck the list output(no update) and execute after the import only.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Rishav,

We are not able to change charm document phase from CRM_UI, also tried with report CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT to change the status forcefully but no help as its related RFC is closed. Please can you read my post once again and let me know if you need more information for the same.

Thanks