cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP optimizer run after stopping Master and transactional data as well .Will it work ?

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Before running SNP optimizer i need to stop Mater data and transaction data.(  Master data will stop for sure but transactional data will flow which is usual to any optimizer run - but I am telling the client -let us stop transactional data as well,-but he is quite reluctant -the rationale behind my point is when stock update is done in APO this flow of transactional data will hinder with stock update happening in APO ; on the other hand   stock update in the presence of Transactional data would provide obscure updation results .Hope I am talking sense.......

Can you please help me from your database any SAP note or any document that supports my claim

Thanks

Ohio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Check SAP notes

528913 - Lock R/3 data transfer during SNP, CTM, PP/DS planning

487261 - Blocking R/3 data transfer during SNP, CTM, PP/DS planning

I hope this would help you to convince your client. On the other hand if they don't agree try to prove your point by testing couple of scenarios in test environment if this is not locked and show consequences (though could be bit tough as inconsistencies might happen at that time or not).

Could you also close the previous threads so that others know the right answers for the questions.

Regards

Rahul

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks rahul

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Now I am sufficiently equipped to convince my client .....very nice of you.

Answers (0)