SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cloud for Customer

surjeetbhati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Require your inputs/help to know what all functionalities offered in SAP C4C for Higher education & research??

Regards,

Surjeet Bhati

13 REPLIES 13

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Surjeet;

Thanks for your post. With the new SAP C4C (Cloud for Customer) for Higher Education we aimed to cover the key needs for the process of Student Recruitment.

Here below the functionality in a nutshell which are release in the 1505 release:

• Capture prospective student information
    • Program interest
    • Ethnicity and race (US specific)
    • Test Scores
    • Previous Education History
    • Social Media profile
    • Prospective demographic data
  • PSAT test - CVS file upload. With PSAT scores coming from testing agencies
  • Marketing Attributes for prospective students (e.g. student interest)
  • Notes with history for individual customers (prospects), accounts and contacts
  • Search of prospective students in leads, opportunities, target group members based on:
    • Program interest
    • Ethnicity and race (US specific)
    • Test Scores
    • Previous Education History
    • Social Media profile
    • Prospective demographic data

You can find more info here:

Kind regards

Rob

Solution Management - SAP (Higher) Education & Research

0 Kudos

Thanks Rob for your valuable input

If you could help me out whether an interface or integration with Ellucian’s ERP Banner Student Information System (SIS) is provided as part of the C4C solution as standard or can it be customized

If standard then is the interface two-way between the C4C solution and Banner?

Regards,

Surjeet Bhati

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Surjeet;

This (Banner integration) is unfor not part of standard but something that can be custom build with the SDK from/for C4C where integration points are available via iFlows and open API's (for example to integrate an prospective student to Banner (from CRM to SIS).

More on standard integration scenario's for C4C: ,

Especially page 6 is interesting to check out.

Kind regards

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Are you able to advise of any successful implementation of C4C in the Higher Education space so far?  If so, would you be able to pass on the details?

Also, does the solution provide any capabilities for Event Management and BI integration?

Thanks,

Rob.

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rob;

BI integration is standard, see also the link in above message. Also C4C contains of course also standard reports/analytics: help.sap.com, cloud, c4c, business analytics guide.

Event Management is on the roadmap.

Kind regards

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

We are trying to upload student information (such as program interest) via data migration tool. But this information is not found in migration template "customer" and "Higher Education PSAT".

Do you know where can we upload this student information to C4C from migration template?

Regards,

Grace Chuah

0 Kudos

Hi Grace,

I found this answer from an expert:

"It is possible to add new fields to the migration template. Migration template relies on A2X services and these services can be enhanced with additional fields. When customers add new fields to the A2X service, the migration object is automatically adapted and available to the migration template."

Regards,

Craig

0 Kudos

Thanks, Craig. If I understand correctly it can be achieved as explained in below link via SDK. Is that right?

0 Kudos

Hi Grace - I think this is it.  If you do have more questions about this or other Cloud for Customer topics (including the higher ed industry content), it might be better to use the Cloud for Customer SCN area, as that has more C4C experts monitoring on a regular basis.  See here: http://scn.sap.com/community/cloud-for-customer

Regards,

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Rob.  This is useful information.

The original driver for my communication was to identify reference cases for successful implementations (either in the UK or international market).

Are there specific examples you can provide?

Thanks,

Rob,

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rob; we got several Higher Ed/Research customers adopting the SAP CRM solution world wide including a lot in Europe and currently are looking out for new customers for the C4C solution. We already got a lot of interest by both existing and new Higher Ed customers on C4C.

Kind regards

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Even we got requirements of Higher Ed customers looking for C4C, special focus on Event management part

Is Event management coming in August 2015 release?

Regards,

Surjeet Bhati

0 Kudos

Thanks Rob.  Are you able to name any names that I could use when speaking to potential future customers?  Feel free to message me privately if you would prefer.

Thanks,

Rob.