cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F1(Field) Help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Hope you all are in pink of your health. We would like to have F1 help of the field same we get in ECC. This will help our end users understanding PPM better. We refer the configuration guide and from the same we reach to below link for installing help on PPM.This link refers to the version 4.5 will it be valid on 6.0 as well ?

Configuring the Call Up of the Online Help ( SAP Library) - SAP Documentation

Will installing above help work as F1 help for fields on screen? or anything further needs to be done ?

Regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

I think the information from the link you have provided should be more or less unchanged in PPM 6.0, but to be on the safe side I would recommend that you refer directly to the information contained in the Configuration Guidelines document for PPM 6.0 (attached to SAP Note 1826389). The relevant chapter is also called "Configuring the Call Up of the Online Help (SAP Library)".

Please note that configuring the online help will not however provide an F1 functionality like that which you are accustomed to in ECC. The information in the online help is the same information which you see in "help.sap.com" i.e. it is not field-specific. Furthermore pressing the F1 button or "Help" button will call the WebDynpro "Help Center", the functionality of which is described here:

Using the Help Center as an Information Source for Applications - Utilizing the Help Center for SAP ...

The closest thing to the F1 help which you accostumed to in ECC is probably maintaining a short description/explanation for fields via administrator personalization ("&sap-config-mode=X"). This is how you would proceed:

- the administrator accesses the application in configuration mode as explained in SAP Note 1568504, then: right mouse click > "Settings For Current Configuration" > maintain a brief text in field "Explanation".

- end users can activate the quick help functionality (right mouse click > Display Quick Help). The field explanation which was previously maintained by the administrator will then appear whenever users click on a field.

Regards
Francesco

Answers (0)