cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori My Inbox: Tasks not visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured fiori my inbox, to enable users approve tasks from My Inbox, rather going in every application to approve. Even though configurations look fine but tasks are not visible in My Inbox, though tasks are present in individual applications. Everything is standard and there is no customization. When i try to execute the oData (sap/opu/odata/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING;mo;v=2/TaskCollection), i get success as response but collection is empty.

My gateway is central gateway and is connected to backend ECC box. I have not maintained any special backend role.

Backend box is ECC6.0, SAP Basis 702 SP9, IW_BEP is Release 200 SP10.

Gateway is on 7.4 SAP_basis on sp6, SAP_GWFND is on 9, IW_PGW is on sp6, UI5 is on 1.28

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

On debug, i got an error message in debug logs regarding security:

You have no access to item 000000397108

Not sure from where it is coming and that too just for the My Inbox service call.

Thanks

Pranav

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pranav,

*DPC_EXT class that you are debugging is in the Gateway system or ECC system?

If the control is coming to the *DPC_EXT class in ECC, that means that your System Alias config is faulty.

0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

There are two SAP notes regarding this issue.

Try it with 2164533 and 2106504.

Best regards,

Michael

SAP Fiori Support Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I am debugging in ECC. Do you mean system alias in gateway that points to ECC has issues? But I am using same system alias with Approve Request service and I can see items. Please see screen shot below

Thanks

Pranav

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I think that is the issue. You have to have a separate System alias for "My Inbox", which points to Gateway itself. Also there is some configuration in the Gateway system itself, listing tasks to be fetched.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reply. With notes, i am able to get the tasks in inbox but when i try to open any task, I am getting configuration issue error message. And content area doesnot display details of task. Please see screenshot attached:

Thanks

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the error that I am getting on backend box. Seems like a short dump

"RAISE_EXCEPTION" " "

"CL_SWN_URL_GENERATOR==========CP" or "CL_SWN_URL_GENERATOR==========CM00I"

"GET_WI_EXECUTE_URL_WDJAVA"

or

"CL_SWN_URL_GENERATOR==========CP" "CONFIGURATION_INCOMPLETE"

or

"SAPMSSY1 " "CONFIGURATION_INCOMPLETE"

0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

did you check if there is a dump in the frontend or backend system?

What is written in transaction /IWFND/ERROR_LOG?

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Dump is in backend system. Gateway error log just display a short error that says RFC failure in backend system. In ST22 of backendsystem, I am getting below message:

A RAISE statement in the program "CL_SWN_URL_GENERATOR==========CP" raised the

exception

condition "CONFIGURATION_INCOMPLETE".

Since the exception was not intercepted by a superior

program, processing was terminated.

Short description of exception condition:

For detailed documentation of the exception condition, use

Transaction SE37 (Function Library). You can take the called

function module from the display of active calls.

Have you seen this before?

Thanks

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to resolve the error. It was trying to create a WD Abap link to open the task as per configurations maintained in SWFVISU. I removed the configuration and not getting any error now. But I am still not getting details of tasks. Please see screen shot below:

Thanks

Pranav

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Please upload a screenshot of the SAPGUI inbox. What is the workitem description in the SAPGUI?

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

former_member187658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Please check below the screenshot of SAPGUI. The workitem description is same as what we get through My Inbox

Below is the screenshot when we open the approval task from Approve Leave application in which we get to see the details.

Thanks & regards,

Anupreet

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anupreet,

I guess it is just a misunderstanding.

As you see My Inbox displays same workitem description as SAPGUI Inbox. It is the correct behavior.

My Inbox is a generic inbox which handles any type of objects. Technically it is not possible to display object specific screen as a default.

You can define the scenario ID and exclude tasks which have the dedicated approval app.

App Implementation: My Inbox - SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library

If you want to change the workitem description based on the object, you can implement a BADI.

App Extensibility: My Inbox - SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library

Regards,

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Masa said, 'My Inbox' is a generic app and it just displays the content defined at the task definition. It has no intelligence to display different screens for different approvals. So you may continue to use "Leave Approval" app for leave approvals.

We have extended the 'My Inbox' app and created new views to show task specific views. If your requirements are simple, then you can use the BADI as well. We had to show multiple tabs, so had to go for UI extension.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa and Krishna for your replies.

I actually looked at below blog:

http://scn.sap.com/community/bpm/business-workflow/blog/2015/04/10/fiori-inbox--how

Seems, Barin didnt do any other change and still getting details of tasks. Will really appreciate if you guys please have a look at it.

And reason i was convinced with the blog, I thought my inbox will display item similar to "Leave Approval".

Thanks

Pranav

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first screenshot, for me it looks like was populated using BADI.

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

BADI was used please.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Barin, Krishna and Masa for inputs. One last thing before i close this thread, do I need to implement BADI for Approve and Reject button also? I am getting a popup to confirm approval but on Ok nothing is happening in the backend.

Thanks

Pranav

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Please go through the documents in .

Regards,

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be specific, another blog form Masa.

NickSYYang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna, Masa and Michael for help. I will try to implement BADI to get more details.

Regards

Pranav