cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple approval - Leave Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

We are trying to implement sap fiori - leave request on fiori and HR Renewal. We use a custom workflow (enhancment for multiple approvals )

Although both sap fiori and hr renewal use the same task ID, when we trigger create leave request on hr renewal it works for multiple approvers, no problem at all. But on fiori side, it just work for one approver.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adem,

Unfortunately it is not possible with standart configurations. you need to add additional step to your workflow and make a loop according to your multiple approval method. It will come as approved convert it to sent and trgi the next approver according to your logic.

Mustafa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adem,

Please share the business use cases.

Please also share more details for those.

+ enhancment for multiple approvals

+ just work for one approver

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Masa,

what  i mean by saying "enhancment for multiple approvals" is refer to this document exactly

By fallowing this document multi approver scenario works correct on HR renewal, but there is no effect on fiori side. A person that create a leave request has two approvals but the request sent to one approval and if this approver accept the request then task is completed.

How can we achive the same thing as document described on fiori leave request. Is it possible.

Thanks

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adem,

Do you use any workflow template? What is the workflow template ID?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Masa,

WS33700137 is the workflow template that we used.

Thanks.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adem,

Please compare the workflow log and check the container value.

WS33700137 has the until loop step which checks &Req.STATUS& NE SENT.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Masa,

There is a loop &Req.STATUS& NE SENT. but when we trigger leave request on fiori we see request id with one line in PTREQ_HEADER, and the status is sent.

When approval approve the request on fiori the status became completed.

In renewal side, an employee request a leave, PTREQ_HEADER has two line with one request id and the satus both send but of course next processor are different.

Thanks

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adem,

I get confused. It seems you use the standard workflow but the initial post says custom workflow.

I guess you are talking about My Leave Requests.  The workflow template and Approve Leave Requests app do not have any issue, right?

Could you share the business requirements?

From my experience, 1 step approval is enough for leave requests and those are never rejected.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

we created class as zcl_hr_pt_abs_req for multiple approval in leave request application.

In ess renewal 1.0 ui5 leave request application,  get_multiple_approvers method Works fine. And shows 2 or 3 approver according to condition as we defined in method. But for fiori leave request application, only direct head is shown in approver line. Out logic defined in get_multiple_approvers is not considered by fiori application.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adem,

Fiori apps came after the design thinking workshop with many customers.

I think it is a common sense that 1 step approval is enough for leave request.

If it is critical for your business, you can implement a solution it several ways.

+ By using custom workflow template

+ By extending OData method

+ If ess renewal is enough for your business, it is still valid and supported.

Regards,