cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to create Multiple Demand for the same month in MD61 in different periods!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am having a situation for MD61.

We have created a ALV report which would generate demand for Finished Goods quantity on the bases of clients given logic.

This report will generate the demand for three months FG's. The rolling period for this generation is one month. Hence, in rolling every month will be planned thrice.

Lets take an example- On June 1st, I run the logic, which will generate quantity for the month of June, July and August. Say the quantities are 100, 200 and 300 respectively.

Month of Planning JunePlanned Quantity

June

July200
August300

Then on July 1st i will re-run the logic, which will generate quantity for the month of July, August and September. Say the quantities are 250, 150 and 350 respectively. As per the clients logic, if the regenerated demand quantity is lesser than the initial generated quantity, then the lesser quantity should be ignored. As we have 150 for the month of August for July based planning, which is lesser amount than the June based amount 300. Which means, 150 has to be ignored. Hence,

Month of Planning JulyPlanned QuantityRemark
July250
August300As 150<300
September350

Hence, every month there will be new set of quantities.

When these FG quantities are generated I have to reserve Raw Material and Packing Material.

So I transfer the quantities in MD61 and save the quantities. Then run MRP. Which creates planned orders. I believe creating planned order does not reserve RM and PM. Hence I convert planned order into process order. Which after releasing, reserves RM and PM against the FG quantities.

When begin rolling, report generates new set of quantities, as we have seen in the above example.

Now my obstacle is, when I transfer these regenerated quantities in already populated fields at MD61, and save the screen, system throws messages attached to this page.

It basically states that the update was terminated showing the T-code COR7. This is because it is unable to create planned order when I run the MRP, as I have already released the process order for that month.

Do you have solution for the same process or an alternative solution which will give me similar output?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shaunak,

If I understood it correctly you want to overwrite the values with next rolling forecast which system is not allowing you to do, right?

Creating a process order should not impact changing the PIR (i.e. in MD61/62). Check following:

• By the way which strategy you are using for this material (material master, MRP3 tab)?
  • Also cross check have you developed some logic if you have process order for that period system would not allow you to change as you have mentioned you have created ALV report for your process?
  • Plus check if you firm a planned order is it allowing you to change the demand in MD61, plus if it is not firm then is it allowing? (just take intial MRP run which will create planned order, try to overwrite demand and see results. Then firm this PLo and again overwrite and see and finally with process order)

Regards

Rahul