cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing an issue in billing. The currency in Invoice is MXN instead of USD . Like this i have 123 invoices with Incorrect currency . Should i reverse all the invoices and delivery or is there any other way so that i can save my time doing these corrections.

Regards,

Jesal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesal,

If I have understood your query, you have already saved your invoices and they have been posted to FI i.e. in to party G/L's. In this case you will have too reverse all the invoices and then remake them.

But could you share a screen shot of your invoice please. Also if you could update that the currency is in  USD in the Sales order and the delivery in case there are some condition types coming from the delivery document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

Invoices have not been posted to FI yet , I just checked with User , Invoice was created on 10/04/2015 with wrong Currency in SO . Later , User changed the Currency to USD in SO .

Thanks for the Help

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kapadia,

As per your information you have 3 invoice documents which are created with wrong currency.

Please check what currency is maintained for sold to party ?

You cant change the currency in the invoice hence cancel invoice and delivery as well if it is releated to delivery. then you can change the currency in the sales order.

After that you have to check with devoloper why wrong currency triggered for some billing documnts

as per my experiance it is intrated to logicel system ?

Please confirm it once

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu Gopal,

Thank you for your suggestion ,

There are  123 Invoices

Invoice was generated with wrong currency because in SO it was Incorrect earlier , but  later  on 22/04/2015 , user changed the currency to USD in SO .

I guess I need to reverse all the 123 invoices

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As already suggested, it should automatically pick from your Sold-to Party. In other words, by default, your sales document currency = Customer(Sold-to Party) currency.

Mind you, when you post Invoice to accounting, then the currency comes from Company Code that is posted to. If you want that for some report, then you can code the same in report, to handle this currency exchange behavior. Move, if this for print, then dynamically your program for print should take care of this.

My question to you is. why there is need of "Manually" changing the currency in the SO?

Thanks, JP

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear J.P Sir,

Sorry for intreption , i want to know exact reason why sap has disisgned like this.

while creating invoice currency is coming from SP but while posting it is coing from company code level.

i want to know business logic

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

For example, I own a business in India so, local currency of transaction is INR. But, if I have to sell anything to someone in France, then my currency need to be EUR. I can't quote him price from in INR. Similarly, buyer/Sold-to Party/SP is from US then transaction currency would be USD. Even for a SP from Brazil, the transaction currency will be USD. As international trade currency would be USD. Therefore, my SP agreed transaction currency would be USD and same will be maintained SP Master. Thus, becomes document currency for the transaction.

Moreover, if I own a business in USA, then my local and transaction currency would be USA. Then my Sold-to Party currency would be USD and so is my document currency. Provided my Sold-to Party ask me billing/pricing amount or invoice in their currency. In that case also, my document currency would be same as Buyer's currency.

In export/import, exchange rate places vital role.

If you have followed the logic for currency properly. Then it is easier to replicate suitable logic and straight forward logic for your print program for Invoice or any Sales documents.

Finally, accounting currency will be based on Company Code currency, as I have maintain my books of account in ,local currency and declared the same to respective authorities and stakeholder. Hence, whatever document/transaction currency I have, my accounting currency will be based on Company Code's Currency.

I hope that helps.

Thanks, JP

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you so much sir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti Prakash,

Thank you very much Sir for this simple yet effective live scenario example, I had also confusion over this.

Could also please help with this

Regards

Anwer Suleman

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great explanation Sir.

It really cleared the doubts.and Thanks to Venu for asking for the question.

Regards

Kamlesh

former_member212322
Participant
0 Kudos

As per standard practice , you can not change the currency in invoice directly. it should come from sales order itself.

Reverse the invoice and delivery documents and then do the necessary currency changes in pricing master .Then run mass header change(like pricing date) for all orders and process further.

As you have posted the query on SCN so more suggestions you can seek from masters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manali ,

Thank you for your suggestion ,

Invoice was generated with wrong currency because in SO it was Incorrect , but on 22/04/2015 , user changed the currency to USD .

I guess I need to reverse all the 123 invoices