Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Template Roll-out in Exiting Client by Adding New Co.Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Need your advice and help!!!

My client is already using SAP. Now they want to go for Global Template Roll-out and they want us to copy the existing only one Company Code and create the New Company Code in the same client on all servers (Of-course, initially on development server) and then do the additional configuration in the new company code created. After testing, move the TR to other Servers. Once the new company code is LIVE and they will stop working on previous company code. But till Go-Live of new Co.Code, they want to continue working on existing company code. Now, my questions are:-

1. If I am creating a new Company Code and doing the additional configuration in development client, won't it impact the existing company code settings? What all are the things do I need to take care?

2. Can I copy my transaction data as well in new Co.Code during Go-Live activity, so that they are available in New Co.Code to view later?

3. Can I have the master data and maintain the existing code and number ranges? If yes, the how is it possible?

4. How will I do the inventory ageing?

Request your help and also, please suggest the best practice for such roll-out project.

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, there are few process gap between my client process and his joint venture in other country. Now he want to adopt his JV Business Process.

Now, the reason for adding new company code is that there existing business transaction should not stop. And once we are ready with the new Co.Code, we will migrate the data in new company code and will Go Live. Post Go-Live, no activity will be performed in old Co.Code and it may be deleted.

Now, Please advise:

1. How to migrate the old transnational data in new company code ( PO, GR,GI,etc.)

2. If the master data code get changed then, won't it impact old transactions?

3. How do I map the previous ageing of material in new company code?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay this makes it a bit clearer now and I tend to say this would be rather a SLO project than a migration or rollout project.

In a usual migration or rollout project you load the data transactional wise, and here usually only the master data and eventually open business cases like purchase orders without GR and IR, sales orders that are not yet delivered and similar. When you load stock then this is done with 561 movement and you create actually NEW stock, so you are losing your aging information (except you have batch management with shelf life )

You cannot load receipts and issues, this would mean you have to redo all your business in exact the same sequence as it happened since you started with SAP, which includes as well price changes, invoice receipts, GR/IR clearing etc, otherwise you end up with a different result than you had originally.

And exact this is where SLO comes into the game, changes are carried out at table level and finally it looks so as if you had done it the new way all the time in the past.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you described has not much to do with a rollout.

In a rollout you bring the existing SAP processes to another company/plant which did not yet work in your SAP system.

It could be a SLO (system landscape optimization) project, but you did not give any hint why your existing company has to switch to a new company code.

For many reasons, your inventory aging is just a small part of it, SLO projects are done at table level instead of transaction level. If you have not already experienced SLO consultants then you should buy a product and the service from SAP SAP Service Marketplace - System Landscape Optimization or one of their certified partners

Why would you need to copy transactional data over to the new company code? The data is still in your system and can be viewed at any time, so what is the real reason that it has to go to the new company?

What you do in development will not have any impact on your work in production until you transport it.

And if it is well done then nobody will hit any issue after the transportation, if you did something wrong, missed to consider some relations then you create a mess. To avoid this you need to do integration testing which usually covers only the new added companies and processes, and you need to do regression testing to ensure that the existing processes are not negatively affected.

Since it is unclear why the existing old company has to get moved to a new company it cannot be said whether it is a good approach to continue by extending old master data (vendor, customer, material etc) or if it would be better to start with clean new data