Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Global Template Roll-out in Exiting Client by Adding New Co.Code

Dear Experts,

Need your advice and help!!!

My client is already using SAP. Now they want to go for Global Template Roll-out and they want us to copy the existing only one Company Code and create the New Company Code in the same client on all servers (Of-course, initially on development server) and then do the additional configuration in the new company code created. After testing, move the TR to other Servers. Once the new company code is LIVE and they will stop working on previous company code. But till Go-Live of new Co.Code, they want to continue working on existing company code. Now, my questions are:-

1. If I am creating a new Company Code and doing the additional configuration in development client, won't it impact the existing company code settings? What all are the things do I need to take care?

2. Can I copy my transaction data as well in new Co.Code during Go-Live activity, so that they are available in New Co.Code to view later?

3. Can I have the master data and maintain the existing code and number ranges? If yes, the how is it possible?

4. How will I do the inventory ageing?

Request your help and also, please suggest the best practice for such roll-out project.

Thanks,

Amit

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question