cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment document ZP is clearing customer credit memo DG and customer invoice RV separately with out posting the net amount of both the documents in F110 run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The customer has been posted with a invoice and credit memo and when the APP runs the customer have been cleared separately with 2 same payment document ZP?

Example:

Customer :                                XXXXX

Invoice :                                    100$

Customer credit memo:               -10$.

Total to be received from customer 90$.

When APP is run  2 payment document (ZP) is created for both the above documents and cleared.i,e

ZP 0000000001  posted with 100$ clearing the invoice. and

ZP 0000000001 posted with 10$   clearing the Customer credit memo.

However the requirement is to have one ZP document of 90$ clearing both the invoice and customer credit memo. Can anyone please let me know on what scenario does this happen?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranesh,

This is because you have not selected the check box "Single payment" in the customer master in company code segment under payment transactions tab. If you select it, then it will generate a one payment document for all open items against the customer.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

jayj07
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pranesh,

I think this is to be expected because APP grouped your invoice and credit memo into one. Since the amount has been lumped, the clearing document is connected to both invoice and credit memo.

If you want only one ZP document to clear the remaining balance to be paid, I think you need to net the invoice and credit memo outside of APP then run APP.

Hope this helps.

Jayj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joseph,

Do you mean the billing documents needs to changed to make sure APP picks the net amount.

Thanks

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

What type of an account(104002-cc clearing USD) is it (the third line item in the document )and find out where it is assigned

jayj07
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Pranesh,

APP should handle the netting to avoid any manual efforts. Not sure why you wouldn't want it that way.

If you just want the net amount to be picked up by APP maybe you can look at the thread below if you're posting the credit memo manually.

Credit memo against a vendor invoice | SCN

Hope this helps.

Jayj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sam,

Please find the GL  posting document of the customer. I find that the customer account has been hit twice in the posting document with posting key 08 & 15. The amount needs to hit the customer account and not any GL as  this is an incoming payment.

Thanks

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranesh,

08-Customer debit.

15-Customer credit.

What type of an account(104002-cc clearing USD) is it (the third line item in the document )and find out where it is assigned. Can you pl check OBXL / OBXZ.

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

fbzp-pymt method in country

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

The document type and clearing document is ZP. My doubt is why is there a 2 identical ZP for customer clearing the invoice and customer credit memo separately. However it had to clear both the invoice and customer credit memo with a single ZP document with 90$ from the above example.

Please find the screen shot of the error being posted with 2 identical ZP document clearing the invoice(RV) and customer credit memo(DG).

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranesh,

These are standard SAP program clearing methods.That's the way they have coded the program to work.

Can you explain why those cleared items are named as 'screen shot of the error'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Thanks for the reply.I do understand ZP document type has been assigned in FBZP. From the screen shot if you observe.

RV invoice = 250$.

DG customer credit memo = -241.95$.

So the customer has to pay 8.05$.

When APP runs it should have posted payment document ZP 2000086728 with amout 8.05$ clearing the invoice and customer credit memo but it has cleared with 2 ZP document clearing invoice and customer credit memo. 

Thanks

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranesh,

Can you pl check the tolerance gain/loss account of Customer.That $8.05 might have posted to customer tolerance  G/L.

Regards,

Sam