cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Complex Table drop down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

we have Requirement to show a complex table dropdown in Add Transaction in Service Manager. we made changes in Agentry as well as Backend and it showing values in Complex Table drop down.

This complex table drop down is in Add Service order Transaction screenset.

But it is displaying only one entry [first value] whereas backend has more than 80 entries. In complex Table dropdown, I want to display Date, other fields are Service Order id and item number

I have added an Complex table drop down seetings as

1. Date (Index 1)

2. Service order id (index2) Parent index of Date

3. Display Field (date)

4. Return field (Date)

I changed different settings in Indexes. But still only one value coming in dropwdown.

Am i missing anything ? Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have the Service Order Index as the unique index.  I see in the backend values there are 3 rows,  When the Agentry Client gets this it see the 3 rows with the same unique value and only use the last one.

I would suggest
1) deleting all the indexes (as the first one created is the unique one..

2) Creating the Date Index (so it becomes the unique one

3) Create the Servord Index

4) Set the Parent index of Date to Servord one.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stpehen,

I tried your steps, But still it displaying only one row. that is first row.

This problem may be due to some backend issue or only with Frontend (agentry). because we ran from backend, it shows 80 entries.

In Java code, i created a java class with getter/setter and extend to complex table,  for three fields [ date, service order no and item no ),

This complex table is added inside Add Transaction [Service order], and Transaction property added as string, May be this should be the issue? Even i changed to Complex table . But same issue replicating.

I think am missing something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you use the Test Client that is part of the editor and see how many rows are in the table on the client?

former_member208808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Please inspect your table on client side

You are trying Servord_No/Date as unique indexes.So when indexing is done it will not take into account duplicate values for that.

Its data issue, just try one thing to test this like

1)Create a unique value in table for e.g.->Servord_No

2)Create a unique index for same

3)Modify cascade parent and index for Complex Table dropdown to look for this unique index and the targeted index.

or

1) Add another dummy field(column) like Temp_Id in your table and (this id will always have unique value in table like temp_1,temp_2,temp_3,.......)

2) Create another index for this Temp_Id field in table (agentry side)

3) Assign this index as parent index for Servord_No index

4) Accordingly modify your Complex Table dropdown

Regards,

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks AK

As per mentioned above, i added another column as COUNTER, it is unique value, see the attached screenshot below

But still i am getting only one row, In Agentry, we added two index

1. Counter no index [ parent index of Service order no ]

2. Service order no index

Complex table dropdown, I added table index as Service order no index [ its parent index is counter index]

Its may be due to issue from ABAB end, ? but it is returning as ET_Complex table only.

I dont know where the problem lies ? Agentry side or ABAB or Java code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vignesh:

1) Can you post a screen shot of the indexes of your table

2) Can you use the Test Client that is part of the Agentry so inspect the Complex Table (and post a screenshot)? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find the attached screenshots.

Can you please where the problem lies. Also i attached the screenshots taken in ABAB end.

I think it is data issue from backend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In backend, this is bapi screen, after press press f8, we are getting this screen,

Then click Test Data dictionary, to go to below screen

Then click in short text, and press f8 to reach data entries screen like below

Here it shows 71 entries, the values are like below

Please tell me the above thing is fine from ABAB end, or any other thing we are missing.

former_member208808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to see any cascade parent over here (in your screen snap).

Also you have not posted java code what you have used in your java code for complex table as Id.

It should be Counter that has unique value.

like following,....

public String getID()

{

return getCounter();

}

Since i am seeing only one record in ATE screen snap have a look at this code.

Regards,

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much AK

Now i able to get all values from backend in Complex table dropdown. The problem actually lies in java code as mentioned above

I didnt return counter in getID()

public String getID()

{

return getCounter();

}

One more Query, How to set Filter ? see the below screen, Service order id value is 7182264, i just want to filter the drop down according to Service order id. I set cascade parent as Service order id and index are like below

1. Counter index [ parent index of service order no ]

2. Service order no index

In dropdown, Service order no index as Table index as Cascade parent is service order id. But still it is not filtering,

Then i found Service order id field in complex table with different name as "SERVORD_NO"

For filtering, Screen Field and Complex table should be with same name right ? So i changed Screen field name as "SERVORD_NO"

But still filter will not work ? whats the reason ?

former_member208808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Now just set your complex table drop down index as

ServiceOrdIndexByCounter---->whose parent index is CounterNo Index

and in cascade parent apply Servord_No

Regards,

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks AK,

I changed in Agentry as mentioned above

But now am not getting any single value like below, but for the service order id 7182262 has values in backend

Then i checked the ServiceOrderID in above transaction screen has name as ServiceOrderID, So i changed it to SERVORD_NO [ this name match the Complex table Field SERVORD_NO]

But if i change index as Counter alone, i am getting all values like below. But not filtered accoring to service order id. am i missing anything ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are trying to show the dates for each service order,Create a index on Date with a perent of Servord_No.  Also, don't have a parent on Servor_NO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks stephen. now filter problem resolved.

Thanks a lot to all members replied to this thread.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vignesh,

If your question has been answered, please mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer and Helpful Answer where appropriate.

See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why   Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be.

--Bill

Answers (0)