cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Files sync?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Could you please explain the procedure in simple steps.....

How to re-sych the SAP GUI Files from the SAP server on WIn NT to front End PC's-WIn 8.1?

Thank you,

S.Raz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

SAP GUI is already installed on all the PC's few months back and in current use.

If all the things are working fine & in use ,than no need to maintain entries under hosts as well as under services.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav...Thank you once again for the reply.

Finally In what scenarios these 'etc' files need to be maintained?

Can I specify Hostname instead of IP address in GUI logon entry to connect to SAP? If yes, then do it need to specify just hostname or Fully qualified domain name in logon entry?

regards,

Raza

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

In what scenarios these 'etc' files need to be maintained?

when you're communicating with different networks apart from your end network which is maintained by domain & all systems or clients are on domain & communicating each other as per their respective host names.

Can I specify Hostname instead of IP address in GUI logon entry to connect to SAP?

Yes you can,but first try to check for the successful resolvement of Host name or vice-verse .

if yes, then do it need to specify just hostname or Fully qualified domain name in logon entry?

If servers or client entries maintained under DC than you could specify with host name or by FQDN, always best to use FQDN.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

In what scenarios these 'etc' files need to be maintained?

when you're communicating with different networks apart from your end network which is maintained by domain & all systems or clients are on domain & communicating each other as per their respective host names.

Our SAP servers datacenter are located at company that is providing support. And  all our fronted PC's are reside in our local domain network.. So does this mean I should maintain GUI entries in etc files on all end users PC's including mine.

Thank you,

Raza

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raza,

should maintain GUI entries in etc files

No need to maintain GUI entries in etc files,as all are approachable from each other (means communicating or pinging ).

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks gaurav for sharing this helpful information.. I am closing this thread now...

regards,

raza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you talking about pushing files from Active Directory to end users?

Ex: saplogon.ini files to all the users

Regards,

Raja. G

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to re-sych the SAP GUI Files from the SAP server on WIn NT to front End PC's-WIn 8.1?

Could you elaborate it in detail.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..The above SAP setup is on cloud.. In my company as a basis person I am only given limited admin access at SAP level and no OS level access have been provided by an IT company who have implemented SAP and are in agreement to provide SAP support for next 2 years.

I would like to make sure our sap end users PC's and including my PC are maintained with SAP GUI config files along with etc/hosts, etc/services. How can I achieve this?

Also Is it mandatory to maintain entries in etc/hosts and etc/services files on each PC?

Also please let me know if there is anything else that I am missing here?

Thank you,

Raza

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would like to make sure our sap end users PC's and including my PC are maintained with SAP GUI config files along with etc/hosts, etc/services.

Are you talking about installation & configuration of SAP GUI on client's machine as well as on your machine ? If you're maintaining SAP GUI entries as per host name instead of IP than you may need to maintain entries under hosts file otherwise no need to edit.

Also Is it mandatory to maintain entries in etc/hosts and etc/services files on each PC?

Requires only when you're not able to resolve the destination host names from your network & specifying host names instead of IP's as provided by the support from the company.

Hope i understood your query well.If not please clarify.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav..Thank you for your valuable inputs.

SAP GUI is already installed on all the PC's few months back and in current use. Also we have GUI entries on logonpad as per IP addresses. So please confirm is it mandatory to maintain these entries in etc/hosts and etc/services or any other files. Apologies for asking reconfirmation..

Also please let me know if there is anything else that I am missing here like any file or something?

Thank you,

Raza