cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS issue in NW 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

While testing the report using FP_TEST_00 in SE38, I get the below error.

FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE Failing

In ABAP 740 and NW 7.4 versions SAP introduce ICM security and not sure ICM block the ADS service. when i test the ADS RFC the status HTTP response  showing 404 error and the status text "Not found".

I have gone through all the link and configuration side is correct and no issue found so for.What would be the issue?

Kindly help on this.

Thanks

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again Senthil,

Ok, so the first thing I'd like to know is a bit about your landscape. Presumably these are two different systems, one running ABAP 7.4 and the other running Java 7.4 with ADS enabled, yes? Is your ADS server a dedicated system for ADS, or is ADS running side-by-side with something else, like an Enterprise Portal, etc?

I will say straight up that my recommendation is to give ADS a dedicated server. It usually doesn't have to be very big, unless you are planning to use for high-volume printing scenarios, so a typical VM will usually work. Assuming this is the case, the first place to start is ensuring your AS Java is correctly configured. I've covered the basics for this in a blog I wrote a while back at .

There are any number of blogs out there about configuring ADS (so I didn't write my own to just add one more). A good one is at .

The basic Note for the sequence of troubleshooting steps in ADS is 944221. Have you gone through this Note?

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thank you for  sharing the link 

Portal side i tested wsnavigator and it is successful.

I have gone through the troubleshooting steps for ADS 944221.However i test all the procedure as mentioned in the note. I am able to view the result.

ABAP side i tested the report but error is same and there is no further improvement on this issue.

Also, I have raised the incident to SAP for production and SAP suggested few note but issue remains the same  .

Would be grateful if you could give me some more inputs for solving this issue.

Thanks

Senthil

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, here are the things to check for the ABAP connection. Note that this all assumes you are not using SSL (https). If you are, there are some extra configuration steps:

1. On the ADS Java server, in NetWeaver Administrator (NWA), via the path Configuration -> Security -> Identity Management, ensure you have created a user called ADSuser and set a password. Set Security Policy to Technical User, and assign the role SAP_ADSCALLER.
  2. On the ABAP server, in SM59, set up the RFC Connection with type HTTP, with target host to your ADS server (fully-qualified), and with your http port of the ADS server in the Service Number field (this is probably 50000 if you are using the defaults). The path prefix should be /AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=rpc (case-sensitive). It's normal at this point to get a warning of "Query String Not Allowed." Switch to the Logon & Security tab. Set Logon Procedure to Basic Authentication, and put in the ADSuser user and password you configured in step 1. Save and test. It is normal to get a response of "405 Method Not Allowed" here. That indicates that communication is happening. If you get 404 or something else, then you have a basic communication problem (perhaps the password is wrong?).
  3. On the ABAP server, in SU01, create a user called ADS_AGENT with user type 'System' and the role SAP_BC_FPADS_ICF. Set a password for the user.
  4. On the ABAP server, in SICF, navigate to default_host -> sap -> bc and ensure that fp and fpads are both active. If not, activate them.
  5. Back to the ADS server, in NWA, go to Configuration -> Security -> Destinations, and create or check the destination FP_ICF_DATA_<ABAPSID> (where <ABAPSID> is the System ID of your ABAP system). Destination type is HTTP, the URL is http://<abaphost.domain.com>:<http_port> where <http_port> is perhaps 80, perhaps 8000, whatever the correct tcp port is for your ICM over http on the ABAP system. Leave System ID blank, but do fill in the appropriate client for your ABAP system. Leave language blank, leave "Ignore SSL Server Certificates" checked. Set Authentication to Basic (User ID and Password) and put in the ADS_AGENT user and password you created. Note that an unsuccessful ping is normal at this stage.
  6. Ok, time to test again. From the ABAP server, in SA38, run FP_TEST_00. If it still fails, besides the Note, another source of troubleshooting steps is at Checking ADS Configuration in an ABAP Environment - Adobe Document Services for Form Processing - SA....

See how you get on with that. The issue is probably going to be a wrong password, wrong port, or inactive service.

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

All the necessary steps are cross verified and till step 5 it is configured properly.

when i ran the report as mentioned the step 6 is not successful and getting the same error.

Please find the default trace information

defaulttrace17.trc

------------------

Caused by: com.adobe.ProcessingException: XMLFM Exception during render: com.adobe.ProcessingException; [Error Log file "2015.06.14.061644DDIC.pdf" written to /usr/sap/DPQ/SYS/global/AdobeDocumentServices/renderErrorLog/errorFiles]

at com.adobe.ads.operation.Render.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ads.operation.ADSOperation.doWork(Unknown Source)

... 86 more

Caused by: com.adobe.ProcessingException: XMLFM Exception during render: com.adobe.ProcessingException

at com.adobe.ads.operation.support.RemoteRenderer.renderAllRemote(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ads.operation.support.RemoteRenderer.renderAll(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ads.operation.support.RemoteRenderer.renderAll(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ads.operation.Render.renderWithoutCache(Unknown Source)

... 88 more

Caused by: com.adobe.ProcessingException: CORBA Connection to XML Form Module failed, please verify the binaries are deployed to the os_libs directory

You may be running on a non-supported platform.

at com.adobe.ads.remote.ConnectionFactoryHandler.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ads.remote.EJB_XMLFormAgent.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ads.remote.EJB_XMLFormAgent.renderAll(Unknown Source)

... 92 more

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Connection to failed service.

at com.adobe.service.ResourcePooler.allocateResource(ResourcePooler.java:98)

at com.adobe.service.ConnectionFactoryManagerPeer.getConnectionResourceFromPool(ConnectionFactoryManagerPeer.java:95)

at com.adobe.service.J2EEConnectionFactoryManagerPeerImpl.getConnection(J2EEConnectionFactoryManagerPeerImpl.java:115)

... 95 more

Please suggest on this

Thanks

Senthil

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks to me like you probably have a basic issue with your installation (not configuration) of your ADS. You didn't deploy any extra software components to it after installing AS Java, did you? Everything needed for ADS is included in the AS Java installation. Is this a dedicated server for ADS? You might have a look at the file /usr/sap/DPQ/SYS/global/AdobeDocumentServices/renderErrorLog/errorFiles/2015.06.14.061644DDIC.pdf to see if there is more useful information there, but it's things like "Unknown Source" and "You may be running on a non-supported platform" and "please verify the binaries are deployed to the os_libs directory" that give me pause.

What are the operating system and database platform versions? You said this is on NetWeaver 7.4 -- what SP Stack? And what is your kernel release and patch level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

We didn't done any installation and extra deployment after the upgrade.

Please find the details information

OS level : Linux 2.6.32-504.12.2.el6.x86_64 SLES-11

Oracle :  11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit

NW 7.4 SP 9.0

Kernel Level : 742_REL Patch 28 UNICODE

/usr/sap/SID/SYS/global/AdobeDocumentServices/renderErrorLog/errorFiles/

Thanks

Senthil

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. I don't work with Oracle/Linux, but as far as I can tell, that's a supported combination.

I think you're going to have to wait for SAP to respond to your Customer Incident for this one. Alternatively, start over, reinstall the ADS system from scratch, making sure all of the components (kernel, etc) are properly matched. I do still think you have something mismatched somewhere, indicating an installation problem, and not a configuration problem. Reinstalling might potentially go faster than troubleshooting through the Incident ticket.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, I just clued in on something else you mentioned. Was this an upgrade from a pre-7.4 release? Or did you mean the update to sp9 after initial installation? I've been assuming this was a fresh install. I think potentially, since ADS doesn't store any data other than the configuration you put into it, and it's pretty easy to configure, that a fresh install may be cleaner than an upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you upload full defaulttrace17.trc file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have fixed the ADS issue with the help of below steps

1. Shutdown J2EE engine

2. Rename the folder

/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/j2ee/os_libs/adssap to another folder name (ex. adssap.old)

3. Start J2EE engine

Thanks

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for your valuable information and the link that shared to me.

IN NW 7.4 i rename the folder adssap and when i start the the J2ee, The system itself create the adssap folder. It works for me

Thanks

Senthil

Answers (0)