Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing FITE_REQUEST?

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!
I have a question regarding customization of the travel request application: FITE_REQUEST

Our customer is using the FITE_REQUEST application to request for a travel, they only use PSP elements for Cost Asignment – and the application has been customized as such.
However – they can’t seem to find any logic regarding a default psp element (neither infotype 17 or 27 etc).

Therefore they have to push the “Change Cost Asignment” button eveytime – and there they have to fill in the PSP element they want to use.

They therefore ask if they can fill in the PSP directly from the general screen – and then only go to the “Change Cost Asignment” if they have to do a “split” assignment (eg. 80% on one psp and 20% on another).

I first tried to make a Z version of the FITV_FPM_REQUEST and then I added the TRIP_CA to they general data – but it does not work as expected – I gues the component has not been initialized the way it should.

So my question is – has anyone of you people done anything like this?
It seems a bit complicated as all the components are tied together.

I took some screenshots to show you what i alleredy tried:

Help and Ideas are welcome

Br Ronni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sigfried has already summed it all up, I just want to add one possibility (not recommended).

You can enhance fite_vc_general_data and implement the view container fite_vc_cost_assignment directly into the general_data_view. This would subsequently require enhancements of CC method check_general_data and the execution of several check-FMs to allow for data consistency.

However that's not going to be trivial (both in implementation and maintenance) and IMHO it doesn't justify a nice-to-have increase of user acceptance.

Cheers, Lukas

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas!

Thanks for your reply.

i think we are settled - as for now at least - with the standard way.

my first "shot" was to add the Cost asignment directly through the fpm config of the component. this did - as you just pointed out - not work out of the box. And it seems like quite big effort just to make this work.

Br Ronni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronni,

no I have never done this before but I have two comments to your post.

First: The cost assignment is set up on cost center logic - as you have noticed.

So also IT 0027, 0017 and 0001 is the logic to find the right "cost center".

I have noticed the error message on the last screen. (Info type 0001 is ....)

This error you should fix first. The error indicates that your employee has not entry in IT 0001.

(Which I doubt - I guess you have not connected any test employee ID to your user?)

Best regards, Sigi

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi!

Thank you for your reply.

I know that the infotypes are used to find the default value - but as i posted, the customer only uses PSP elements and not costcenters - and they cant seem to find any logic on how to default one - as it depends on the current project etc.

Regarding the error - then it was just to show how the application reacts when i add the Cost asignment to the front page - the data for the testuser is correct - but the view might not be initialized right - because of the changed fpm layout

When i dont add the CA view directly to the front page (as it is in the standard version) it works as it should.. so i guess i have to find another way to solve it

have a nice day.

br Ronni

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is also a BADI "get customizing". Might be you can use this to change the data which is sent to the WebDynpro....So here you can check the cost center which is sent by default - and you change this to the object you have in mind.

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again!

Thank you - it might try to look into it - however i still think i need to modify the component or create my own component in a way similiar to the other travel fpm components.

Beause the customer doesnt want a default PSP - they only want to be able to add it directly on the front page - not in the "sub-step" as is the default behaviour.

br

Ronni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahhh OK - this I would not recommend.

The cost assignment is a complex part of the solution.

All other services working on the same "pop-up" design.

An I guess there is a good reason behind it.

To much work for a "nice to have" design.

My answer is always: Pleas wait for the feedback from the testers/users of the standard UI design.

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Again!
I said the same think allready - that's why i wrote in here - just to be sure that there wasnt anything "easy" that i had not noticed

I have done quite a bit of debugging - and it seems rather complex - and it only seems to some kind og "semi" FPM framework - not the standard FPM.

So i will see if i can make it more user friendly - without coding

have a nice day

br Ronni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, "semi FPM" is good 😉

Therefore be careful - Travel Management is not an easy solution. Even everybody thinks so. There are a lot of cross checks between FI/CO, HR and other modules...

Please also have in mind that the journey continues in Expense UI - also you have to check Gui Transactions (normally the travel admins are working in SAP GUI).

Have fun,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You probably have your answer already, but as Sigi states the logic looks for defaults for accounting in the order of IT27/sub type 2, then IT17, then IT0001 cost center.

We have a variety of defaults in our company, but I wanted to show you that you can have defaults that are WBS's only and nothing in a cost center. This is without any custom logic updates.

This person has only WBS's in their IT27/2. None of their charges hit a cost center.