cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase EcMap 5.2 - Connectivity to Sybase 16 or Oracle 12C database

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have coupe of questions on EcMap (Sybase Product). Need the below questions answered asap.

Currently we have Sybase EcMap 5.2 version and we are connection to Sybase 15.0.3 database. We are planning to do an upgrade from Sybase 15 to either Sybase 16 or Oracle 12C.

So we need to know if the current version of Sybase EcMap 5.2 will support Sybase 16 or Oracle 12C once we have the database and drivers installed? Or do we need to go for an upgrade of EcMap from 5.2 to any version to support these database Sybase 16 or Oracle 12C. Please let me know. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gopal_ankitha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I found the below link in the documentation, hope this helps you.

Also this is for 4.2 version

http://infocenter.sybase.com/archive/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc00189.0420/pdf/ecm42gs.pdf

Best Regards,

Ankitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankitha,

Thank you! I have thsi documentation and we used it couple years back when we were on 4.2. We upgraded from  EcMap 4.2 to 5.2 some 3-4 years ago. and we need the info I requested specifically. Also we have scanned through all the docs available in sybase help and could not find them 🙂 Can you please check with technical team and get back with the details?

Thank you so much!

Regards,
Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankitha,

Can you please help me on this or any suggestions that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Regards,

Deepak

gopal_ankitha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

EcMap is renamed as EDI.

I have got the below document you can go through it

http://infocenter.sybase.com/archive/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc00190.0521/pdf/edi_ig.pdf?noframe...

On page 8 under supported databases they mention

the supported database systems for EDI Products 5.2.1:

• Sybase Adaptive Server® Enterprise version 12.5 and 15.0.2 and later.

Best Regards,

Ankitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow thank you much! This is what I was looking for. One more question -  I see that Oracle 10G as the supported database. So if we are planning to migrate to Oracle 11G or 12C database which version of EcMap will support? Or there is no EcMap version to support these database connectivity?

Thank you!

Regards,

Deepak

gopal_ankitha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Currently I do not see any updates regarding Oracle 11G or 12C database which version of EcMap will support.

Do follow SAP Portals for the updates.

Best Regards,

Ankitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all the info provided!!!!

Regards,
Deepak