cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we charge Extra Chrges (i.e. Tool development charges ) in Sales Orders directly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a procedure to collect 'Tooling development charges' from customer during first time development of product (only one time activity during first dispatch).

Currently we are charging this amount in Sales order's condition tab manually.

Is there any solution to charge this amount directly from Material Master / through VK11 (price entry) ?

Regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions !

But is there any option to fetch up directly from Material master to sales order ?

We are maintaining the Tooling Amount in Classification of MM.

Regards,

Mahesh Bhoi

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

I guess it’s not there but you can do via condition record level (the option which I provided above), just you need to add/use material as key combination in that.

Thanks.

SS

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to the above suggestions...the other option is to create a service material (Tooling Development charges) and add this service material in the sales order. Maintain VK11 pricing conditions for this service material. If the applicable taxes are different for service items, it also can be handled easily in this process.

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

It can be handled this way too. Good suggestion

But it again depend on the business, so what I suggest Anwer please check with business for the point indicated by Ravi.

or else you can check the condition option post testing.

Thanks.

SS

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

As it’s a onetime activity, you can do is manually as suggested by other member.

However you can do it automatically also in VK11- from Menu Bar Go to - Additional Data - use the Limits for pricing tab, there you will find Max.number.of.orders fields for specifying that this particular condition type is applicable for 1st sales order.

Hope this will help you out.

Thanks,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

Your suggestion of Condition update indicator for Max.number of orders will not work in this case. As per my understanding ,

The condition would be deemed redundant after it is executed for the number of orders wihch we have limited it for. Here the requirement is to be executed every time but the first time only.

For eg. if i have saved the condition record for 1 number of orders it will be deactivated after the first order, but what about when another customer orders, he will have to change the master data again.

Why dont we just manually add it in the sales order.

Regards

Suleman

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anwer,

Agreed with you point, but how come if we maintain record customer wise.

Just playing at access sequence level.

Thanks.

SSS

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the tool cost amount is going to be recovered from the first billing, then there is nothing wrong in entering the value manually in sale order.  If you would like to avoid, maintain the pricing condition with the same validity period of From and To; based on which, sale order can be created accordingly.

G. Lakshmipathi