cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro with IIS - Ineteraged Windows Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a .NET based web service that is being called by a web WebDynpro application..

IIS is installed on the same server as the SAP portal where the webdynpro application is running.

Everything works fine (ie. data can be retrieved) when the authentication mention for the web service is set to anonymous, however, when I change it to Integrated Windows Authentication, I can no longer retrieve data.

I primarily a .NET developer so I am not super familiar with configuration of the SAP Portal.

I have read that IISProxy may need to be installed and configured in order to get integrated security to work ....

Can anyone point me in the right direction here (hopefully not in the direction of the exit )

thx

-Sheldon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure exactly what the problem here is but I can tell you that IISProxy is not your solution, it was phased out in 2005 and hasn't been supported since. Once you enable Windows Authentication on IIS, can you call the WS invoking it manually using a browser? If yes, I suspect it is a matter of the WS being called by the portal, in that case the credentials of SAPService<SID> are used instead of the ones of the user accessing the Web Dynpro Java since it is a WS proxy on the portal server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli!

Yes, the scenario is that WebDynpro is calling the WS through the portal.so I'll try giving those credentials permission ... hopefully that will do the trick.

thx!

-Sheldon