Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple languages/Translation: HANA/DESIGN STUDIO

former_member194419
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Anyone know how to translate reports in multilanguage using SAP HANA SP08 and Desing Studio 1.5 ?

I need translate the same report ( Columns and texts ) in 3 languages (EN/ES/DE)

Any workaround is welcome !!!

Best Regards,

Rodrigo S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no experience in language translation - however there was a similar thread today in the Lumira space: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-64160#comment-595166

Have you looked at the RTT tool: SAP HANA Developer Guide for SAP HANA Studio - SAP Library

The thread says it works for Analysis Office

Update - looking at the PAM for Design Studio on page 20 - I am not sure this is possible - see (SMP logon) https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100008450702015E

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member131154
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

as a workaround you could buld up your own translation table in HANA and then use a szenario like that one:

This is build up on BW, but I guess you will get it to work with HANA also.

But its just a workaround. The standard functionality like Tammy and Karol mentioned above would be the perfect solution.

All the best

Dirk

former_member194419
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member194419
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,  first of all thanks for your help.

I like your solution, but I have some doubts how does it works, for example to crosstab label columns ...

Could you post your complete css code please?

Thanks,

Rodrigo

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

is your question related to the DS HANA Add-On (HANA Native deployment)?

if yes, the multi-language support is not given in this case.

Design Studio 1.5 is supporting multi-language development of applications on NW and BIP platform (BIP requries 4.1 SP6). If you use one of those Add-Ons, you can translate texts in the app and have more languages in one version.

Karol