Did you mean: 

intercompany in house repair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all I have this scenario :

Company A plant A

Company B plant B in the same client SAP-

CUSTOMER X claims an equipment broken.

Customer X send the piece to COMPANY A , company A send it to Company B (INTERCOMPANY)

company B repairs it and send it back to Company A

company A ship the equipment to Customer X.

How can be done it in the sistem?

can anyone help me?

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arnabsarkar2601
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex ,

Why do not you follow STO process ?

Secondly as you have said you need to take material from customer x to company A , so I just wanna know do you returning that material to company A ?

Please clear this

Regards,

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

We have a scenario where plant A, Company code A (in Canada) receives a repair product from customer. However, they don't repair these products, so they send sales order stock to plant B. company code B (in USA) to get repaired.

We have few questions on above process:

1. The stock which is received from customer in company code A is restricted stock (sales order stock). An STO is not viable as SAP does not allow the processing sales order stock via intercompany STO.

2. How GTS documents will be created from Canada to US for sales order Stock?

3. How do we book the revenues under sales organization of company code A for non-warranty products, since service orders created under company code B and shipment directly to customer in Canada?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ravi

rambabuty
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HI

IS there any GATP activated????

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How was the original sale happened?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Company B sale to Company C that sale to Customer X

But in this case I can manage repair order from B to A but I don't know how to take the material from customer X to A in special stock E (it should is another repair order but I cannot do 2 repair order for the same mateiral).

0 Kudos

Shila,

Did you find a solution to this problem? We are experiencing the exact challenge with inter-company repairs process right now.

thank you,

-Ruth

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, we decided for a "forced" process flow with 2 repair orders.

nothing standard

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

why could not you find a standard solution?i mean  what has not fit to sap?

You can trigger a automatic PR for CC process(companyA-companyB) as soon as a repair order is placed.

0 Kudos

Do you mind my asking you how many man/hours of work the customization consumed? We are trying to evaluate if it is worth the effort.

Thank you very much,

-Ruth

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Customizing would not be last more than 2-3 days including simple test assuming a very basic pricing .it increases if you need auto IR,complex pricing or whatever  customer specific.there is.

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i thought you asked me,sorry.ok,i am out.

0 Kudos

Not at all. Thank you for jumping in. What do you mean PR and CC? I am not a SD person. My team may know.

thanks

-Ruth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shila,

You decided to do forced process for 2 repair orders. We would like to know how this is possible to cross the borders for two different plants/different company codes/different countries since when it is received from customer it is received as sales order stock which is non valuated. In our scenario we looked at using an STO to move the material between the two plants, however SAP doesn't allow an STO to be used to transfer sales orders stock between plants. Even if is allowed to use an STO, accounting documents are created for intercompany invoicing which is not necessary we don't own the products (sales order stock owned by the customer). In addition it doesn't allow for customs documentation to be generated in GTS for STO's shipments.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ravi

0 Kudos

Shila,

Sorry to bother you again. But we are still struggling through this. Can you elaborate a bit more about the 2 repair orders?

Here is our scenario:

We have a scenario where plant A, Company code A (in Canada) will be receiving repair product physically from the customer. However, this plant in the Canadian company code (which is managed by a 3PL) does not repair these products. They will be sending the repair to a US10 company code plant in the US. However, when the Return Authorization is created at the front end it subsequently also creates a "Repair Request" sales order which when received into the system places the stock into the Unrestricted Stock type as non valuated "Sales Order Stock". We need find a way to move this product between Plant A (Canadian CC) and Plant B (US CC) to be repaired. We have identified that SAP does not allow for an intercompany STO to be utilized to move this type of stock so we need a solution to this challenge. Secondarily the TBD solution also needs to include a trigger (i.e. Inbound/outbound delivery) for GTS customs declaration documents to be generated to facilitate the cross border transfer. Is there a way for GTS documents to be generated for a Canada to US transfer of "Sales order Stock"?
Also, how would we book the repair revenues crediting the sales organization of company code A (Canada) for non-warranty products when the repair service order will be created under company code B (US) and then shipped directly from the US plant back to the customer in Canada?

Thanks,

-Ruth