cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCI DS- settings QA & PRD system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are getting an error for HCI's connection with QA & PRD System.

QA & PRD system cannot be kept open. Hence property in SCC4 is not maintained same as Dev.

I am unable to trace the document where it was mentioned what should be done to avoid such error in PRD.

Thanks,

Purav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Purav,

As DEV is an open system, you have the datastore setting "Generate and execute" - option that will generate ABAP program files on the agent machine. You need to upload these files into the open DEV system. Then you are going to transport the ABAP files to QA and then PROD. These datastores should have the setting as "Execute preloaded". This means that you are going to run the tasks against the transported file.

You can also refer to FAQ - System Development cycle section.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-64323#jive_content_id_System_Development_cycle

If I can be of further help, please let me know

Regards,

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Yes I was aware about these settings. But changing these settings, is not making any difference. I think I am missing some step in between. I did read somewhere that ABAP prog should be transported to QA & PRD, but I already see them in Active state in QA & PRD system.

What you are trying to convey is, some files needs to be uploaded on Agent system, are these ABAP prog files?? Please elaborate here.

Thanks,

Purav

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Purav,

To detail above:

Step1:Locate ABAP files on Agent Machine(default location C:\ProgramData\SAP\DataServicesAgent)

Step2:Upload the ABAP files into DEV (SE38). You must use same name as specified in the dataflow ABAP query (ABAP options -> ABAP program name).

Step3: Transport ABAP files from DEV to QA

Regards,

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see files under following folder.

C:\Program Files\SAP\DataServicesAgent\admin\abap

file extension are .aba files.

I got the step upto SE38.

If you could elaborate uploading steps, it would be great.

Thanks,

Purav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more point which I completely forgot to mention, there are almost 10 data flow, name of ABAP prog are different for each DF.

What should be the name of ABAP prog, I mean you did mention name of ABAP prog should be same as mentioned under ABAP Options,  but now we will be creating only 1 ABAP prog and I will be having 10names available under 10 different DF.

Please do clear this doubt.

Thanks,

Purav

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Purav,

I think you are looking in the wrong folder (program files instead of prgram data).

To be sure navigate from windows explorer to %DS_COMMON_DIR%.

The abap files generated by HCI agent have a naming convention: taskname_dataflowname.aba

e.g: SOP_MD_CustomerMaster_R3_SOP_CUSTOMER_MASTER.Aba

1. First check the abap name from the dataflow (<zcustomer_master> in the example below)

2. Upload the abap file in se38 and name the Program with the Abap Program name from data flow (zcustomer_master) . Then, in the uploaded source code change <ZAL_ABAP> to the abap name.

Regards

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. This is quite informative.

Confirm couple of things: I will get file in ABAP folder post navigating to the directory mentioned by you?

ABAP prog name will be same as under ABAP Option tab.

When we are replacing ZAL_ABAP, it will be replaced as ABAP prog name??

E.G. in above case it will be replaced as ZCUSTOMER_MASTER

This concludes, total no of dataflows which are created in the system, for all of them we need to have ABAP prog created and transported to QA & PRD system and any new dataflow created in later stage will have to undergo same steps. (This is FYI for all).

Thanks,

Purav

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Purav,

- %DS_COMMON_DIR% navigates you to DataServiceAgent folder -> you will need then to open abap sub folder

-.Yes, replace ZAL_ABAP with the same abap program name

- Correct, one abap file is generated for each. Steps are iterative when you would need to change your dataflow.

Regards,

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like some specific authorization is missing, while executing preloaded ABAP prog.
Any idea on that?

Thanks,

Purav

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Did you have the relevant authorization objects and values in the role of the DS agent outlined in the guide (http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/hci1/en/hci10_agent_en.pdf) chapter 5.2.5?

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. The auth role was modified by someone.

FYI for all: Auth issue was resolved by adding following auth:

S_USER_GRP

ZPGMCHK

Thanks,

Purav

Answers (0)