cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal-Logon policy for initial password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I'm trying to set a parameters for the password administration, on a Portal that runs on a Netweaver Java 7.4 platform.

My customer has two different policy for the validity of the initial password of the users and for the productive password.

I know that exist a parameter ume.logon.security_policy.password.expire_days that defines the number of the days for the productive password validity, after this value the users have to change their password (default is 90 days).

Now i'm looking for the initial password "expire days parameter", anobody can help me?

the UME is managed by the Java stack, and my users only can perform a basic authentication.

Thank you,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Read this Configuring the Security Policy for User IDs and Passwords - Identity Management - SAP Library

Look on "Password Validity Period (Days)" parameter.

BR,

Roman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

thank you for interesting in my question, but i've already reed this documents.

In the security policy setting, i have not found any difference between a password given by the administrator (initial password) and the password setted by the user (productive password).

I need to define two different expiration parameters,  i've found only the ume.logon.security_policy.password.expire_days, that is the password validity period parameter that you have just posted.

Thank you

Mark

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Why you need this ?

Once user requested to change initial password it will be applied in the first user logon, so expiration is not a point for initial password.

Could you explain your business scenario?

Regards,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

in the SAP Netweaver ABAP there is the "login/password_max_idle_initial" parameter, i would know if there any similar parameters in the JAVA platform, only for the initial password expiration date.

BR

Mark

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I got it

The password expiration setting in the UME properties is valid both for administrator and for user defined passwords - so you will not find the same setting in Java as it is exists in ABAP.

In any case I recommend to use single point of user management like ABAP data source in Java UME or  IDM for both ABAP and JAVA.

Best regards,

Roman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Roman,

BR

Mark

Answers (0)