cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory management Plant parameters for non-valuated Plant

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created one plant but for this plant all material types are non-valuated. I need to only update the quantity of the material not value. For this plant, I have not maintained Plant parameters for inventory management.

When I am trying to do initial stock entry or goods receipt by 501/561 by MB1C, I am getting following error

"Parameters for plant XXX not maintained in Inventory Management" and "Check table T159L: entry XXX  does not exist".

I am not able to post the stock.

But If I am trying to post the same by MIGO -> Goods receipt -> Others with 501/561 then I am not getting any error. I am able to post the Stock successfully.

Why error is coming while posting the stock by MB1C.?

Is it necessary to maintain the plant parameters for inventory management for this non- valuated plant?

Regards,

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Plant parameter is mandatory for doing any inventory management related posting. Whatever your material type (also non-valuated), you need to maintain the plant parameter to do any movement in inventory management under this plant.

0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

Without maintaining plant parameters for this plant, I am able to post the goods receipt and issue by using MIGO.

Why error is coming while posting the stock by MB1C ?

Regards,

Chaitanya

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My bad that I can't test the same now.

Anyway, now there are some differences for the transaction code MB* and MIGO.

MIGO is developed much better than MB* transaction, hence MB* transactions are now replaced to single transaction MIGO.

Please check the OSS note for the same. Please read the OSS note for more details 1804812 - MB transactions: Limited maintenance/decommissioning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check movement type have allowed or not in OMJJ. check table entry maintained in T159L.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

I can see a logic written(in my sandbox system) in program SAPFM07M, within include FM07MEW0 to check is plant is in own logical system or not. Based on this Error message M7225 is called as warning message. I hope this helps you.

Regards..

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

As mentioned by other experts above, system checks for plant parameters even though only QTY update is ticked. I checked this in my sandbox system. MIGO allows it and MB1C gave me a warning message. Either you can try maintaining plant parameters or you have to change error message to warning(standard SAP does not allows this message to be changed to warning). M7225 is system message(as searched in other forums), so there must be some exit in my sandbox. I will search and share.

Regards,,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parameters for plant XXX not maintained in Inventory Management" and "Check table T159L: entry XXX  does not exist

check ---OLMB --plant parameters .

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Little bit confusing, you are saying Non-valuated material type, but you want only qty updation but not value?

Is there any bussiness requirement for this, i mean having non valuated material type and wantto update only Qty?

How you want to process the consumption entries?

I hope plant parameters under node:Inventory Management and Physical Inventory-->Plant Parameters does not require any material type.

You only need to assign teh Qty or value updation in node:Logistics - General-->Material Master-->Basic Settings-->Material Types-->Define Attributes of Material Types

Here SAP says for  Qty updating

Specifies that the material is managed on a quantity basis in the material master record for the relevant valuation area.

For value updating

Specifies that the material is managed on a value basis in the material master record for the valuation area concerned.

The values are updated in the respective G/L accounts at the same time.

I hope for non valuated materials , activating Qty updation may not be help full.

Regards,

Pardhu

0 Kudos

Hi Pardhu,

I have maintained attributes for material types for this plant as only quantity update not value update. So after posting the stock in MIGO only quantity is updating not value. There is no confusion here.

My question is regarding MB1C and Plant parameters.

If I am trying to do posting by MB1C , I am getting error but for MIGO I am not getting any error.

Regards,

Chaitanya

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Could you kindly check the OMJJ transaction  for "Allowed transactions" over view for movement types.

Regards,

Pardhu