cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM Error closing maintenance cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing some issues when I try to close a maintenance cycle. I already checked for the BP in SolMan System and transaction crm_dno_monitor, No errors so far. All tasks in the tasklist are unlocked.

When using the report /TMWFLOW/PHCNTRL_DB_UTILITY from SAP Note 933986 I am able to close the maintenance cycle, but its not possible via the task list or the ITSM web UI.

Here is a screenshot of errors I got from SCMA when checking the maintenance cycle for completion.

Message numbers in detail are:

• /TMWFLOW/TASKLIST049
  • /TMWFLOW/PHCNTRL054
  • /TMWFLOW/PHCNTRL056
  • /TMWFLOW/TASKLIST251

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you confirm if the project cycle and task list is having same situation.?

Please share the solman version for same.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, phase of task list and maintenance cycle are both "being completed". SolMan Version is 7.1

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below settings. Close it via project cycle only and not through utility report first.

1. Completing tasks are unlocked in task list.

2. Don't open multiple session for project cycle and task list while performing the changes.

3. Please implement latest version of notes 2015471 and 2078055 to ensure that the new task list is created correctly with all relevant transport requests reassigned to it.

4. Ensure that you have implemented latest version of note 1752050 ChaRM & QGM: maintenance cycle Phase or QGate shift issue in the SAP Solution Manager system

Start with

1832160 - How to analyze issues when trying to close a ChaRM maintenance cycle

Thanks

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any progress.?

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

the system is currently not reachable. I will get back to you with new details during the day.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your suggested notes are implemented. Still not able to close the maintenance cycle.

In SLG1 I get the following error messages when I try to close the cycle with web UI. May be this helps figuring out whats wrong with the configuration.

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Analyze the CTS project linked to IMG project created from the charm project. You can get this from table /TMWFLOW/PROJMAP, is the CTS project already released?, is there transport requests created outside charm and added to this CTS project?... Ensure you applied note 1999363 to get detailed information about  CTS project completion issues. Also check note 2138451.

Check all your rfcs to the managed systems and the users maintained in that. In case users are maintained in trusted rfcs (which should not be case) check their authorizations as well.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks, implementing the note 2138451 seems to work! After all I am able to close the maintenance cycle via SCMA, but I still get erros when I try to close it via the ITSM Web UI.

Any suggestions?

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should not directly close the cycle through SCMA, it should always be closed from the web ui in project cycles. Please let me know what is the error you are getting.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rishav,

I am facing the same error I mentioned in my first post. I dont know what the problem is so I raised OSS now. Will get back to you if I get some new information on this.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobais,

We are facing the exact same issues. Were you able to resolve the problem?

Thank you,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Metthew,

I changed the used RFC connections from Login to TRUSTED RFC as mentioned in SAP note 1832160 (solution 3) to fix the issue.

Regards

Tobias