Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Overwrite Rules Note 1999747 Document not Released

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Before I log a call I thought Id ask you guys if any of you have the latest overwrite rules on sap note 1999747. I ask as I keep getting a message stating Document Not Released when I try to view the note.

I'm currently in the process of creating a flavour for the PA40 hire action in SAP Personas v2 sp3 so wanted to check to see if there were any overwrite rules needed.

thanks,

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mohanraj
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

This note is now released for customer.

Regards,

Mohan

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohan

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

just one more thing, I've noticed that some of our overwrite entries differ from those on the SAP note, and also that I need to add some of the entries that we do not have.

Would I be right in assuming that once I've added them, i will need to update the flavors using the Personas flavor updater. And also because you export and then import the flavors using the flavor updater, that I will then have to amend any scripts with Switch Flavor in as when you import flavors, it creates a new flavor id for them?

thanks,

Ian

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

It is recommended to check and create all required screen and control id overwrite scenarios for your business case scenario by creating a simple flavor and also transporting it to QA system and testing it with same overwrite entries.

Two reasons for it:

1.  Overwrite entries required might change from scenario to scenario (ex: if screen is configurable then you might have different screens - eg: in VA01 based on order type, number of tabs differ)

2. Some transaction screens use system id in program name. So when you develop in one system and transport to another system, it will not work. So we need to identify overwrite rules that can work across systems.

Having said that if you have need help with overwrite rules, you can log message with complete details of steps, screens used, scripts created, fields hidden, tab caching if any etc

Yes, new flavor created using Personas Flavor Updater will have new flavor id and hence scripts need to be updated. Also please note, Personas Flavor updater can update flavor to add only new overwrite rules. If existing rule is modified then it cant update the flavor.

Thanks

Chinthan

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

just one last thing on this, if you copy an existing flavor, would any rules be then picked up as its essentially a new flavor?

thanks again,

Ian

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately it does not.

Answers (0)