Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Modules when executed?

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a module in file adapter (sender). when the module will be executed. is it before the file is polled or it is after the file polling? any broader view on this will be highly appriciated.

thkx

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

As soon as it reads the file it executes If you put your adapter module before the file adapter then first it executes your logic in the adapter module and then in the file adapter like content conversion. If you put adapter module after the file adapter then it executes in the other way round.

It depends on the processing sequence of how your configured in the module tab of your communicaiton channel.

---Satish

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thkx satish. can u point to some useful blogs/links?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

Check this how to document. If you see the introduction part it should answer your query.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3bdc14e1-0901-0010-b5a9-a01e29d7...

---Satish

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the doc doenst say anything abt the sequence it will process

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thks guys for your intrest in this thread. i close this thread on my understanding that though the module is placed first , the file adapter calls triggers first on converting the message to xml format and this might be acheived either by calling a shell script or by a custom adapter module. thkx once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the above links to get an idea

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,,

Once the file is read by the file adapter the message is converted into XI specific format with approporiate Header informtion is added - like the sender service/system sender interface , namespace etc .

after this the message is send to the module processor in which the appropraite modules are gettin executed based on their sequence of arrangement.

the module processor performs structure conversion and also adapter specific and communication channel specific conversion in the message .

regards,

Rahul.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if we will be able to have the module processed first before pooling happens how to get the file name? and what does module key signify?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

I dont think it is possible. Can you please tell your full requirement?

---Satish

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my req is to read a file before the file adapter polls it. i want to have a module created for it. and here i need to know if the module that is created executes before or after the pooling starts.

also:

1. what does parameter name and parameter value signify

2. if we can control the flow of the module how to set to execute first before pooling?

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

any inputs on this

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

as explained here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a4/f13341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

- for async sender/receiver adapters, you use modules before the adapter module.

- for sync sender/receiver adapters, you can wither use modules before the adapter module (they will affect the request message) or after the adapter module (affecting the response message).

Regards,

Henrique.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi henrique

thks...but no doubt is how to set the module to execute before the adapter module. and if possible will i be able to read the file name?

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Prabhu,

some adapters, like SOAP, wont support custom modules on sender side.

So, I really cant say to you for sure that file adapter will support that.

My guess is that it will, but you will have to test that to be sure.

Also, to get filename in your custom module, check this blog:

/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2006/10/05/dynamic-configuration-in-adapter-modules

I can't say for sure that the filename ASMA will already be populated at your custom module runtime (again, my guess is that it will be). You will also have to test if it will work to be sure.

Regards and good luck,

Henrique.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thks henrique. i need to try on that. will keepposted on this. if u come acorss some hints on this keep posted. thkx again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu ,

Very nice to see your question here ...

After pick the file from sender side the file native format message into XI message format will be done in Adapeter and message id will be generated for the XI message format , later this XI message will be send it Module processor, here generic AF modules and Adapter spcific modules will be executed here

see the below links to helps you lot

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/fd/16e140a786702ae10000000a155106/content.htm

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/6a/a12241c20af16fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e4/6019419efeef6fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/327dc490-0201-0010-d49e-e10f3e6c...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/34a1e590-0201-0010-2c82-9b6229cf...

Regards

Chilla

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all

thks for ur replies.

<b>- for async sender/receiver adapters, you use modules before the adapter module.</b>

1.how to use the custom module before adapter modules? can u take the example of a file adapter and let me know on how to use it?

2. also i'm confused on what is adapter module and module u r refering to?. i'm aware of the module tab in the fiel adapter,for example, does the adapter module refer to the std module that exists in ur context?

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, the adapter module is the standard module that impelements the adapter. In your case, it should be CallSapAdapter module bean.

Modules b4 adapter module should, for example, perform convertion steps, validations etc.

Regards,

Henrique.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> my req is to read a file before the file adapter polls it. i want to have a module created for it. and

> here i need to know if the module that is created executes before or after the pooling starts.

This is not possible. The first step of the file adapter and most other adapters (besides SOAP) consists in creating the whole XI message in XML format. After this step the customer module is called, even when this is maintained at first in the module sequence.

When you want to execute anything before the file is read by the file adapter, you can only du this with a (shell) script that you add to the adapter configuration.

Regards

Stefan

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> This is not possible. The first step of the file

> adapter and most other adapters (besides SOAP)

> consists in creating the whole XI message in XML

> format. After this step the customer module is

> called, even when this is maintained at first in the

> module sequence.

>

> When you want to execute anything before the file is

> read by the file adapter, you can only du this with a

> (shell) script that you add to the adapter

> configuration.

There you go, Prabhu.

Workaround would be trying to create your own custom adapter.

Regards,

Henrique.