cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete transaction data if a material location is made not relevant to apo

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

A material is APO relevant in ECC, all master and transaction data is being sent to APO via queue rfc's. Business decides to make this material not relevant to APO. A batch job which is running every day is removing this material from integration model and data flow to APO stops. But the data which is already there in APO remains there.

My question is what is the best way to delete this data in APO  ?

I have seen exits both at ECC side and APO side which can filter the data. But here as the change is at material level there is no trigger at transaction level to filter or send deletion of data from ecc to apo. I was wondering can we some how delete the entire transaction data belonging to particular material location when a change of the material(mrp type change from relevant to not relevant) is being sent to APO ?

Kindly advise Best & Simplest way to solve the issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Aleem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your time and replies. My question was can we delete all the transaction data of a material as soon as material changed to not apo relevant. I have seen the programs to delete the data at apo and in fact wrote a program to delete this data.

My question was, there is a time lag between material change and material removal from integration model, in this time lag still the changes flow from ecc to apo. During this time can we develop some logic or SAP has given some logic to send deletion of all transaction data belonging to this material to APO ?

Hope I am clear with my question this time.

Once again thanks to all of you for your time and replies.

Regards,

Aleem.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aleem,

Isn't it a step by step approach to remove any material from planning. If we say we are removing one material I hope it has a reason but just not like that. It needs to have a business reason example end of life cycle or some other business reason. Which means logically my forecast basically demand should be the first which should not be there. If that would not be there it will not get considered in planing for generating new supplies (planned orders/ purchase orders). Thereafter you need to close all WIP orders and finally decide what needs to be done with existing stocks. Though for WIP & stock part when once dis-continued along with removal of forecast you can do CCR which would show without IM and can be removed in APO. Thereafter business needs to decide finally how to handle WIP & stock. But for APO its more or less clean.

I don't think there is any logical trigger (automatic) which is available. But on the other hand you can create your own. Example you can have plant specific status as an attribute for your CVCs which are considered while releasing your forecast. IF its P (production) this forecast would be released, on the other hand if it changes to A (archive), which means change in CVC (could be automatic also) this forecast would not be released.

Thereafter you can plan a transaction data deletion job with selection profile (through enhancement) for such materials.

It's matter of exploring such options and defining right way of working when once life of material comes to an end coz of any reason.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

The easy way is to set procurement to P - External Planning on APO side (for the obsolete SKUs). Please check note 582212 or 364287.

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

There are some great discussions answered by our peers, which is exactly what you are looking for.

You are correct, before marking the Product for deletion we need to wipe of all the Transaction data exist with it.

Check out these threads.

Search the forum before going for a question, most of the time you'll get the answer.

Good Luck

Regards

Vinoth

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

You can use /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER (program in SE38) to delete data in APO. Go in this program put version, product number, order category (example planned order, purchase requisition etc) and click delete orders. Since active model is not active you will not be able to send deletion. If you want to remove forecast for these materials then do it with /SAPAPO/RM60RR20.

In ECC fo to COHV to delete planned orders in MASS.

Though also check SAP note for more understanding.

582212 - External planning (Documentation)

Let me know if it resolved your issue.

Regards

Rahul