Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Clearanace Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PM gurus

Going to implement WCM in my project.

As I'm new to it can anyone let me know what are WCM object,Work Aprroval,WCA,operational WCD.I have read many document can anyone explain in simple language.

Thanks in advance

Regards

EKS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Purpose of WCM:

Necessary maintenance work on technical objects, such as inspections,preventive maintenance or repairs, can only be executed once all the measures to ensure a safe working environment have been implemented. These safety measures can include, for example, lockout/tag out, fire protection .

Advantages:

If you use the Work Clearance Management component, you can ensure the following: Standardized process for enforcing safety measures Approvals and status tracking Adherence to legal and in-house safety standards.

You can use Work Clearance Management (PM-WCM) component to control and monitor the safety measures. You can ensure safe working conditions for the employees in your maintenance department, adhere to environmental protection regulations, and guarantee the reliability of your technical systems

Abreviations:

WCA – Work Clearance Application.

The work clearance application represents the safety certificate in particular for lockout/tag out. It is used to control maintenance processing with lockout/tagout and groups together Operational WCDs. These are controlled and monitored by the work clearance application.

WCD – Work Clearance Document.

The work clearance document is the only WCM object, that has items as well as header data. As items you list all the technical objects that should be processed in conjunction with a lockout/tag out. The work clearance document can contain pieces of equipment, functional locations, technical objects, and comments.

You can do the following for each item:

Maintain descriptive data for tagging and untagging (not for comments) Assign, set, and reset user status (not for comments), Assign a long text ,Assign documents using the Document Management System.

Regards,

Pardhu

former_member223579
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

i also new to the same. i will share here what i had.

generally ,

* WCM is used to ensure the safe work condition while executing the maintenance process in a      plant.

*  we can use the WCM component to control and monitor the safety measures.

The use of the WCM  component is recommended in all companies where specific safety regulations apply. These regulations can include laws on the maintenance of industrial health and safety standards and requirements for dealing with hazardous goods.

However, the use of this component is also recommended for the following operational requirements:

• Your employees in Plant Maintenance work in a critical environment in which they are exposed to high levels of danger. This can include high voltage, radioactivity and gases.
  • Your employees have to work under difficult conditions. These can include restricted space or visibility, heat, noise and dust.
  • There are typical work-related illnesses in your industry which necessitate special health and safety measures.
  • You must also perform maintenance work whilst the system is operative.
  • Effective safety devices are not available for all technical systems.
  • You often use external personnel.
  • Other parts of the system should not be affected under any circumstances.

This component is typically used in the chemical, oil, gas, and supply industries.

its consists of , work clearance approval. work clearance application. work clearance document.

process flow :

once your work clearance approval done. then only you can release the order.

others pls share yours idea regarding this. so it will help the beginners like me.

thank you,

siva-V.