Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

basic pay infotype

former_member202689
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi dears,

I have a problem with Planned Compensation (IT1005) and Basic Pay (IT 0008). So, I want to give to my employee 2 basic pay with different wage types.

T539A table and LGMST feature are configured, When I create IT0008 I see 2 lines. But, when I save my IT record the system gives me a pop-up message such: "Amount is Overwritten From Position" - Message no. 00398.

After clicking enter button it changes the second wagetype to the first. I dont know why.

PS: I created for Planned compensation just one of them. Might it be a reason?

thanks and regards,

Samir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member202689
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks very much for your comments.

I am getting another message now.

as you see, it deletes my first wagetype. after clicking enter button it deletes the second too.

It is very weird problem.

jimso101
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

Have you maintained any configuration for indirect valuation for positions/work centers.

Config path : PA-->Payroll Data-->Basic Pay-->Wagetypes-->Determine indirect valuation for positions.

ARBPL indirect valuation module.From the above screen for additional payment i can see Unit as days for wagetype 1ZZ0. Please verify .

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks

JIm

former_member202689
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for valuable information. But I dont know how to use ARBPL ind.val.mode. Could you make this exact, please? I defined taht table whith you mentioned above for positions. But I am still getting this damned message - Wagetype is Overwritten from Appendix Config

Have you any other idea?

regards,

Samir

former_member202689
Participant
0 Kudos

I know it, Sriram. Time constraint for IT1005 is 2.

I am interested in to make disable an popup message like: Amount is Overwritten From Position

How can I do it? Have you an idea?

thanks a lot

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir.

You really want to have IT1005 ?

Thanks

Sriram

former_member202689
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I changed time constraint for IT1005 but no result. Anything changed. Have you any other idea?

thanks,

Samir

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samir

Please post the screen and message separately.

Also note TC's should be changed only after careful consideration of the impact - not only in this case, but for future.

Regards, JG

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

Sorry for the delay.. please dont change the time constraint of any infotypes just like that..i didnt ask you to change the time constraint. i just asked do you really want to saved the record in IT1005,

I am trying to find the root cause of your error by replicating the things in my system . till now i have got the expected results.

Thanks

Sriram

suman_das
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Samir,

Planned compensation IT 1005 is related to PS groups and levels as per the Job codes.Which is related to V_T710S table.

For defaulting the WT in the IT 0008 LGMST feature and T539A tables are required.Please check the tables whether both the WT are properly entered or not.

Regards

Suman

former_member202689
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I use pay scale (T510) not pay grade (T710). T539A table:

SAILORS     1     01.01.2013     31.12.9999     F     1000     BASIC PAYMENT

SAILORS     2     01.01.2013     31.12.9999     F     1SL0     ADDITIONAL PAYMENT

LGMST feature for my PERSK is 02/SAILORS

When I create IT 0008 infotype record I see my configuration effect.

But, when I save it, it gives me message:

And after clicking enter button:

It changes my second wagetype.

Do you have any idea?

GirieshM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

Can you check the mode of wage type in T539A.

With Regards,

Giriesh M

former_member202689
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, off course. Both of them are F.

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

I dont know what could be the reason are you maintaining the records in IT1005 against position , because IT1005 actually relates table T710 and it got a value over there..

But in IT0008 you are trying to give another amount which is different from what has been mentioned in IT1005, hence you are getting the message Amount has been overwritten from the positions.

and second wage type i could see its a indirect wage type.

Thanks

Sriram

former_member202689
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram

Thanks a lot. I use T510 table. Postion's planned compensation IT is below:

There is just one record for wagetype 1000. The second one is indirect, you are right.

In the T510 table I created two wage types for one pay scale group and level. And I would like to use both of them. What do you think, is it possible?

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

1.As far as i know , Mode F in T539A will not allow you to change the Wage type which was defaulted in IT0008, - anyway you dont require now.

2. i can see you are using Payscale in IT1005 and would like to use the payscale group APP-1 and the amount is defaulted which is 363 which you have configured in T510 table  but in T510 table have you mentioned the wage type ???

yes you can use both just give in payscale group App-1 and in To field the second wage type Payscale group , so the amount field will be changed from first payscale level to second payscale level..

try and let me know

Thanks

Sriram

former_member202689
Participant
0 Kudos

Sriram,

Yes, I created both of wagetypes in T510 table. The lower one is 300 and the higer is 363. But, when I create planned comp infotype with my second wagetype - 1SL0 (which is lower one)

it shows me 1st wagetype's amount. And I cannot see my 2nd wt's AMT. But the wagetype is still there.

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

For same period you canno create two records in IT1005 ,

Thanks

Sriram

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you looking at IT 8 after pressing enter in PA30 or PA20? Or are you displaying the person's IT 8 in SE16?

If the w/t's characteristics

a)allows over-writing, hen in IT 8 you can enter an amt, and save.  In that case, the indirect valuation from T510 does not happen and the indicator in IT 8 disappears.  In this case, SE16 display also shows the amt you entered.

If the w/t

b)does not allow over-writing, then the IT 8 will get the amt from position if T510 does not have an entry; else from T510.   In this case, after saving the IT 8, it should show the amt from one of these tables. and the IT 8 indirect valuation indicator also shows as 'I'

In this case SE16 display will show the w/t amt as blank.

In payroll, P0008 function uses the T510, if amt has not been entered in IT 8 for indirectly valued w/t.

former_member202689
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

I am trying to enter IT0008 through PA40 or PA30. I unchecked "rewritable" checkbox for both my wagetypes. But I am getting the same message and cannot save the infotype. If you need I can assign a screenshot. But, really, I need to fix this problem. Have you any idea?

regards and thanks,

Samir