cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have written a script to have the users navigate to the order entry (va01) screen directly.

However, when we go via the script button, the screen highlights the mandatory fields and forces us to input the values in each field and press enter button explicitly.

If we check the same in the usual way where we enter the ordertype and sales org info and then go into the order entry screen, then we are able to enter all values- sold to, PO, PO date, delivery date, material#, qty and then press an Enter button to submit the order and save.

Why is there such a difference? I havent added anything in the script other than the focus on the "sales" button and a click. How can I avoid this as it is painful for users to input the values in each mandatory field and press Enter everytime when they go via the script.

Create order.jpg will show the script which we are using to click and get to the order entry screen (VA01)

Mandatory fields.jpg is the attachment which shows the screen we are taken to after clicking on the script button.

Can enter all fields.jpg shows the usual way where we are able to enter all fields and then press Enter button just one time as compared to for each mandatory field using the script.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance,

Gautam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Since the screen shots don't show the entire screen, it is not possible to say whether you have tab caching / merging on the order overview screen. If you do, then that's the reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

As always, thank you so much for the prompt response.

I am only trying to have the script navigate to the basic view of va01 in personas (not any of the flavors built). When I use the script, it focuses on the mandatory fields and makes me enter each input (as shown in the snap shot marked by Red boxes) and then I have to press enter on each mandatory field as compared to going into the same basic order entry view from the path: VA01-> enter order type, sales org details and hit enter (screen 2)-> here in this order entry screen, I am allowed to enter all the fields and then hit enter just once with no restrictions.

Attached are the snap shots of the complete screen. Sorry about the previous attachments. Hope these are clear.

Thanks for the help and the direction.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Replace the last script step (Press Enter) with a Push ses[0]/wnd[0]/tbar[0]/btn[0]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tamas. That helped. I have a different problem now. Since the Sales tab is cached, when I enter the sold to and the PO with the PO date and then enter the delivery date, the Sold to vanishes and I am prompted to reenter the sold to.

I will update what is the issue. Thank you so much though for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok I am not able to figure this out. I tried the push button in my flavor. However since the sales tab is cached, the values are not holding.

Steps I am following are:

1. Enter the sold to, PO and PO date, Delivery date, Payment term and material number, Qty and Plant as we do in usual VA01 screen.

2. Press enter

I see that the all values go away but for the defaults which are set.

Please let me know what am I doing wrong.

The above changes are after I changed the script with a "Push" than an "Enter". Now I am assuming that your initial assumption of the tab being cached is applicable due to which the values are going away and it is asking me to enter mandatory values. Is there a way out?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just so I close the loop, I was defaulting the PO Date and the Delivery date from my start up script and hence was getting the above errors. I removed them and now I have given them a button to default the date to current date if need be.

Thank you Tamas.

Answers (0)