cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only Full loads using SLT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we Schedule only FULL loads all the times using SLT from SAP into HANA Studio tables? When ever a record is changed/created in SAP table, we want SLT to trigger FULL load and dont create any logging tables. Let me know please. If we cant trigger full loads when a record is created/changed in ECC, can we at least schedule Full Loads every few hours automatically?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without knowing your business requirements or the reason why not to have logging tables, you could do the following.

In your erp you need to create a workflow what is triggered when object is changed. You should have an abap report what could access the HANA DB with native sql call, or with normal abap sql statement (depending on your kernel version)and place entry to the RS_ORDER to stop the load/replication and after some time you should create an entry for load table only, every time when the workflow is triggered.

I think you do not need replication for that table, load (initial load without delta) is enough and that way you will not create any logging table in the source system.

How frequently is your table changing? I would not use this setup if changes are happening hourly basis or your table is have many millions of rows.

BR
Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help is appreciated

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is not out of the box working.

Even when you program a dirty solution, you will not get rid of the logging tables.

Best, Tobias