cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: java.io.IOException p4_connect

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have issues connecting p4 port to our application server. I have done these steps to get the error

telnet localhost port

add p4

p4_connect p4://nitro:50604

ERROR: java.io.IOException: Cannot establish connection with any of the profiles : p4://nitro:50604

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.dispatcher.P4SessionProcessor.getConnection(P4SessionProcessor.java:194)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.dispatcher.command.GetConnection.exec(GetConnection.java:45)

at com.sap.engine.services.shell.processor.environment.CommandBase.exec(CommandBase.java:132)

at com.sap.engine.services.shell.processor.Interpreter.applyLineCommand(Interpreter.java:401)

at com.sap.engine.services.shell.processor.Interpreter.apply(Interpreter.java:153)

at com.sap.engine.services.shell.processor.Shell.work(Shell.java:145)

at com.sap.engine.services.shell.processor.managers.ShellProcessThread.run(ShellProcessThread.java:116)

P4_CONNECT: Opens a p4 connection to the specified address and returns the connection Id

Usage: P4_CONNECT p4_transport_type:address:port

My instance profile has the following value for P4 port

icm/server_port_1 = PORT=5$(SAPSYSTEM)04,PROT=P4

netstat -an | grep LIST | grep 50104 Shows as listening

nitro:pd2adm 70> netstat -an | grep LIST | grep 50604

tcp        0      0  *.50604                *.*                    LISTEN

Any ideas

I have followed the steps from the following note completely.

1711920 - Connection to ICM using P4 protocoll fails

I have rebooted the instance 2-3 times, but of no use. Same thing is working well on other systems. We are 7.01 and issue happened during the upgrade process.

Mahesh Shetty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos