cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS user status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In a project, we assign different user statuses to WBS element. Each status allows some transactions and restrict some.Another thing is we cannot do reversal of statuses like we cannot move to first status from last status directly.

In my project, user statuses are like-

1.EH    erection held

2.PLNG  planning completed

3.CMPL  project completed

somehow business was able to revert back from last status(CMPL) to first status(EH) but In first status(EH) Few financial postings are restricted in configuration. But After getting back again to first status(EH) from CMPL, business is able to do the posting!!

How it is possible if settings are not made for postings? I am unable to understand system behavior? Please help.

Regards,

Shikha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Please check in Transactio BS23

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shikha,

Do you want to restrict the users from changing the user status or you want to restrict the business transaction.

To restrict user status moving to CMPL to EH, In the user status profile change the Lowest Status no is the crucial part to restrict users moving back to other status. Refer below

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

I dont want to restrict users to change WBS user status. I want to restrict the posting if status is changed from CMPL to EH.(In EH status,Postings are restricted in OK02)

Regards,

Shikha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding, you are re-opening the status after Project is being Completed. In this case

create one more status with key 40 like REH (Re-opened Erection) and configure the transactions to be allowed / restricted. I think this will give you more clarity when you want to analize the data, instead of using the existing status.

Regards,

Rao.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shikha,

you can restrict the user to reset the previous Status otherwise you can check transaction allowed at user status .EH    erection held.

if this status has restriction for a specific transaction than user would not able to post any financial posting.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shikha,

I you want to use same status, please check the user status settings, like what are all the transactions allowed / restricted.

Also check what type of transaction posted after changing the status from CMPL to EH.

Whether that transaction is restricted in settings or not.

Regards,

Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have checked the user status settings, financial posting is restricted there.

The thing is initially when project is at EH status, it is not allowing to do any financial posting.

But when i am coming back again from CMPL(final status) to EH(initial status), then system is not restricting any financial posting at that time. why??

Now if the status is EH it should not allow any posting right??

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shikha,

can you please provide some screenshots of your setttings.

thanks

Sunil

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shikha,

You are correct. When you have EH status, it should not allow you to do financial posting.

Two things, check whether the user status setting are done perfectly, else you need to think about checking for OSS notes.

Regards

Terence

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shikha,

are you able to replicate the scenario in your Development system? Is it possible for you to share the screen shots of OK02 for this status profile and latest status changes on the WBS and postings made thereafter?

Ideally if a user status prohibits a transaction it shouldn't get processed..

Regards

Samar