Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table updation by some other user name

former_member212001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Invoice workflow, when changing from one status to another status, updating custom table with OCR details.

User A has changed the status and same is reflecting in workflow log but in custom table user B name got updated.

User B is not in office at all, and no where related to this workflow execution.

I need to know how user B name is updated in custom table. I have checked the workflow log user B name not showing anywhere, and other programs also not got executed to update the custom table. I have also checked the substitutions for the users in HRUS_D2 table. But substitution not maintained.

Please help me in this.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

You should use the lock the objects for updating the Custom table entries. Add a timestamp field in custom table to track changes.

Do a where used for Custom table and see if you are using SY-UNAME in code to update the approver name or the user ID is picked from some field like - Last Reviewed By etc.  Also check if status is updated in Update Task.

Can you elaborate how the status is being updated? Are you using another background Task or user exit or a programming exit?

Regards

Sandy

former_member212001
Participant
0 Kudos

Update status task is back ground task. Workitem execution date and table entry updation is similar. But agent name  which got updated in table is different from the agent which we passed in that task.

User name which got updated in table, That particular user is out of office in that time. He is no where linked to workitem execution.

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

If the background step has reference of the User ID and execution date and time in table is same as workflow background step completeion timings then Looks like someone from support team maintained the incorrect User ID directly in PRD using SM30 table entry edit. There should be table logging actviated for this table.

Regards

Sandy

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is yet another reason why you should not store workflow statuses in Z tables.

Leave that to workflow to store in workflow tables.

former_member212001
Participant
0 Kudos

I have already checked where used list and batch jobs.. but not getting anything.

I would like to know apart from substitution ( HRUS_D2 ) , any other HR concepts involved  ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, there is the concept of HR substitution also. You could talk with a HR/HCM consultant about this, they should know about it, and validate if user B is a substitute for A.

But in general, if you have used the where-used list, you should know all the places where the table gets updated, and then you should also find the places where the field in question gets populated/updated, and then you should find the logic behind where the field gets its value. Most likely this path will lead to the resolution of your problem in the quickest way...

Regards,

Karri

PS. What I try to say is that it is quite impossible for us to know how some custom build Z-table logging has been built at your site. For example there could be just some silly mistake in the code. Or perhaps it is meant to work like that because of some specific reason? For example just yesterday I had to use/test a custom build workflow solution (with Z-table "status updates"): I completed a step in the workflow, but in the Z-table another user was stored as a user who completed that phase of the process. I have no idea what was going on, but it was not my task either to find out... The only way to find out what is going on would be to analyze/debug the code (or talk to the original developer).

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it a custom table, how do you know that it does not get updated from somewhere completely outside of workflow? If you check the table's "where used list" in SE11, can you see if it used for example some report/transaction etc.? Or perhaps there is background job running under user B's name, and it updates the table (see SM37 for scheduled jobs).

Regads,

Karri