cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to SOAP Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario where i should pull the data from ztable which is created in SAP PI system and send it to .net system [soap]

I am planning to pull the records from ztable through JBDC query and send to .net system.

Kindly let me know if the above approach is correct or please share me other approach.

Can we pull data from ztable in SAP PI system through JDBC query?

Note: Ztable is created in SAP PI system.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Can anyone please reply to my above request.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am on PO 7.4.  If we can achieve by using JDBC, could you please share me the step by step guide.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please be more specific. When you say ztable is it on the ABAP stack or the backend database on which PI is installed?

If it ztable on abap stack, you can make use of RFC's to extract data and send the same to SOAP application.

If you are referring to the backend DB, then it's recommended to use PI db for external application needs.

However that would be like any other scenario. just search for JDBC to Soap scenario on SCN. You'll find lot of blogs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Thank you for your response.

Ztable is in ABAP stack i.e in SE11 Tcode.

I have written a ABAP report in SE38 in SP PI system and called function module RFC_READ_TABLE and passed ztable to parameter query_table.

When i started Sender RFC channel i have to give Program ID. Could you please let me know how can i get program ID. If i configured with ECC system then there we need to install program ID.

But here in our case i am pulling the data from PI system itself so how can i get progrm id.

To automate in production i need to schedule batch job for the ABAP report [correct me if i am wrong].

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Can anyone provide inputs on my request.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

First of all Source is not a JDBC  to pull the data. You want to pull the data from SAP ECC  and process it to .net application.

To pull the data from SAP ECC You can go to either Proxy or RFC. As per your query you wrote a programme and want to send  data to .net application(SOAP).

You can go to Proxy--->SOAP or RFC--->SOAP.

Now you are using RFC--->SOAP.

Please Check this http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapte...

To Configure RFC SenderChannel. You can get the Programme ID in RFC Destination which is in SM59.

The both should be same in RFC Destination and in RFC Sender Channel.

For RFC we create RFC Destination of type T and Provide ID and Gateway Service. Same Programme ID and Gateway Service has to provide in Sender RFC Communictaion Channel.

Please refer this thread

Regards,

Suhale Shaik.