cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 10.0: Login issue for Password Self Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using our GRC system login authentication as LDAP. We want to enable Password Self Service, do we need to create All the users who

exist in ECC in GRC system to reset the password.

End user's doesn't have user id in GRC system. Can they just login with the Windows password and reset the password.

When we are trying to login into GRC portal My Home page it is still asking to enter the GRC system user and password.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Venkat,

Logging into EUL, will ask for password, if End user verification is set as YES. if YES, a user is checked against the ' User authentication Data Sources', as per the sequence. As LDAP is your authentication source, users should use Windows password.

Is your ' My home page', the EUL. i do not think so, as EUL has only  page called END USER LOGIN. can you provide the screenshot of ' My home page'

Regards

plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for your help

When I login into EUL page I am getting the Error Cannot connect to LDAP system

But I can login into the GRC portal with windows password.

Here you go my Home Page

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

from EP, links have been provided to access GRC AC Admin and End user. As you have shown, you need not  login to these pages, as there is a SSO between EP and GRC. As i understand, these links are roles(PFCG) assigned to the user, in GRC system. So, similarly, have you assigned the PFCG role for EUL, in GRC. Then, you will need to assign it(which now appears as group in EP) to a pcd/UME role, so that the link for EUL will appear. Else, you can also include the all the EUL links(Reset password, etc.) in your existing GRC AC End user role

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

Thanks for your reply

Based on the reply from SAP we should definitely create the user in GRC system to reset the password using PSS even though the user uses Windows/LDAP password to login into GRC Portal.

SAP has replied with below comments.

Hello Venkat,
Password self service works for LDAP users. You just need to ensure
the users are well synchronized into GRC box in order to reset their
passwords via reset password functionality present in NWBC.
Please refer the below consulting KBA which will give you more details
around this.
1666204 - How Password Self Service functionality works in GRAC 10.0
1617371 - Configuring Password Self-Service in GRC AC 10
2107522 - Master Note for Password Self Service (PSS) issues in GRC 10.0In case your issue still persists, please revert with the detailed
steps to replicate the issue with their demonstrating screenshots.
Hope this helps!
Thanks & Regards,
Shreya Gupta
SAP Active Global Support