Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Monitoring (running, CPU, ...)

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I tried to setup the OS process monitoring, to check if some processes are running fine.

However, I don't really get it.

I did the steps and did restart Hostagent and DAA, but the metric still stays greay with error, that it didn't receive data.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/355894832/OS%20Process%20Monitoring.pdf?api=v2

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hey Christian

Any news on this issue? I'm facing the same problem with SM 7.1 SP13 trying to monitor OS processes throuh GetProcPattern.

Thanks and regards,

Michael

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not from my side.

I try to roll it up again...

Divanshu, have you got any other ideas regarding this?

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Can you confirm the version of host agent? with newer versions fromof SAP Host Agent (I think 205), some internal processing has been switched from SAPOsCol to the built-in CIM Provider of the SAPHostAgent. As of now, not all functionality of SAPOsCol is being supported, especially the handling of process monitoring is not fully implemented. To get this special functionality back, you need to disable the usage of the new CIM Provider. This can be done by setting the property SAPHostControl.CIMProvider.capabilities.check.enabled to false. The setting can be done for individual agents (by providing a specific agent in the "Select scope" drop down) or globally ("Select scope") within the Agent Administration Application. There are no drawbacks when using SAPOsCol, thus it's no problem to set the property globally Hope this helps, Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roland,

thanks for the input. I set the parameter under the agent - Application Configuration tab -  "com.sap.smd.agent.application.e2emai.std.collectors" property to false, after that, my pre-defined os processes can be monitored.

Bye, Marcel.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

I did this under the agent administration ==> Application configuration ==> com.sap.smd.agent.application.e2emai.std.collectors (leftpane navigation ==> selected the needed agent or the global setting:

After this chang, I have restarted the agents and since then it works.

Bye, Marcel.

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marcel,

does it mean, you already had the entry (as standard is filled)?
I did create this entry manually...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

yes, I already had a value in this list. I have checked this for several agents, the value is already filled. Maybe it is SP version depended. Im running on SP12.

Bye, Marcel.

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hmm....we are running on SP 8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm... that is maybe the reason for, seems that we have maybe different issues. SP8 is quiet old and between those 2 sp's there are a lot of changes in the solman.

Bye, Marcel.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What have you find on troubleshooting this ?

any error messages or logs ?

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This are the green ones

Calculation Engine is active

The data provider definition is correct in directory

Metric has a parent event in hierachy

Rule definition for the rule type "WORSTCASE" is available. Workmode is "No Work Mode
configured".

The agent <Agent-ID> is connected

Data provider log of Data Provider with Work List Item ID <worklist item id>

This are the red ones

No measured values have been reported by data provider.

No measured values were ever calculated.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SO have we checked the agent and framework logs ?

i would suggest you to check both for related issue and then share once with us.

I am not in front of my system at the moment, let me come back and suggest what can be done once above information is shared by you.

Regards,

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Christian, not sure whether you have already checked Note '1667344'; do see if it is valid for your release.

Kind Regards, Hemanth