cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF printing unknown characters(Square box with X in it)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to generate PDF for customer invoice from SAP, my customer would like to use their own specific font(not SAP standard helvetica/Arial). We created a smart form and generate OTF and convert the OTF to PDF, show the PDF content in PDF viewer. When we do this, all the characters and symbols are showing just fine on PDF, but when we print the PDF, it is showing the square box with the X for Currency symbols (Pound(£), Yen(¥)) and Registered mark symbol (®)).

I need to use cascading device type "SWINCF" to print all  unincode characters.

Help me in this regard.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

this special replacement character (X inside a box) will appear when R/3 has tried to insert a True Type font into the PDF, but the True Type font is not available in R/3, so it has been replaced with this special character.

It is hard to tell the reason without an example, but it seems R/3 made a font switch for the currency and the registered mark symbol. I know the Customer would like to use a corporate font, but for a quick solution please upload Times New Roman / Arial True Type fonts (which contain these fonts), and check whether the problem will be solved.

Best regards,

Laszlo

0 Kudos

Laszio,

Thanks for your reply, it works fine with Arial. PDF is printing all the other characters with the corporate font, only these 3 characters (Pound(£), Yen(¥)) and Registered mark symbol (®)), it is not printing properly on PDF print.

Thanks

Ram

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

it worth a check in Report RSTXPDF2UC, point "List True Type Fonts" and "Font Mapping SAP -> PDF" whether the fonts have been readjusted.

This means: if R/3 makes a font change, and the original spool does not contain any font changes for these characters, then either a font rule can be seen in these points, or the corporate font misses these characters.

Best regards,

Laszlo

0 Kudos

Laszlo,

I checked the report, Font mapping is available for the custom font. Corporate font has these characters, but when I check the "List True type fonts" for "Custom-Defined TrueTypeFonts", I don't see any thing on report output

Thanks

Ram

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

please check Report RSTXPDF2 (without UC at the end) too.

Best regards,

Laszlo

0 Kudos

Laszlo,

Thanks for your reply, I see the report  RSTXPDF2 is to upload the True type fonts.

Thanks

Ram