cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecasting and Sales Orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Little help required if possible. We are a UK division of a company which has both French and German counterparts that assemble machines for us on a sales order basis. We have customers that provide us with (anywhere upto) a years forecast of machines. We have to, under company policy, enter these details into SAP via VA01. Our challenge is, if orders are placed on the system but not required for some months or have not actually had a "firm" order against them (only the forecast) how do we load these but deny visibility to our counterparts that assemble the machines? We had in the past, placed a "required by date" way into the future so that FR and DE are aware these are not work orders as such just yet, This however has been messing with our reports and figures within BW as well as causing great work loads on admin to then go and change each order to a "true" delivery date.

We then decided to load the orders but "reject" the lines to ensure they are  not visible to FR & DE. However this is also giving falsehoods with regards to the BW reports and causing even more work on admin to then go and un-reject each line. 

So, my question, what would be the best practice to load our forecasts and have them visible to us, not included in BW sales reports or to FR & DE until such time as a firm order is received that relates to the forecast then switch it to a live order? I had the idea of a "delivery block" however this I htink will still apear on BW reporting.

Hopefully this makes sense, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

look for some documentation on schedule agreements.

Regards,

JM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joan,

That's perfect thank you, I shall test in QAS and give it a go.

Ben