cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM - HR integration overwrites BP's Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an integration to HR to create BPs automatically. The integration works fine, but it overwrites the Location of the BP to be blank everytime it runs.

So if I set a location on an existing BP in my PPM system and run the integration the location is blank afterwards.

Any ideas on what to do? I suspect maybe some settings in T77S0?

Br,

Morten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Morten,

The logic which takes care of updating the location in the PPM system is processed in implementation RPM_BUPA_ATTRIBUTES of BAdI HRALE00INB_DATA_READ. This is triggered when processing the inbound Idocs from PFAL transaction (it is not processed when using transaction HRALXSYNC to update existing BPs).

I suggest that you place a breakpoint in this aforementioned BAdI implementation and check which values are being passed to form fill_bupa_location. This may provide an insight as to why these values are being initialized. Depending on wether you do or do not want the location data from the HR system to update values in the PPM system, you can then proceed accordingly.

Checking the following may also help:

- check the IMG documentation for the following customizing activity and ensure that it has been maintained correctly:

SPRO
> SAP Portfolio and Project Management
> Portfolio Management
  > Base System Interfaces
   > SAP Human Capital Management Integration
    > Data Distribution From SAP HCM to SAP Portfolio and Project Management
     > Map Personnel Areas to Locations

- ensure the required BAdIs are all activated (see IMG documentation "SAP Portfolio and Project Management System Customizing for SAP HCM > Configure SAP HCM Integration")

- ensure that your distribution model matches the instructions provided in IMG documentation "SAP HCM System ALE Setup > Maintain Distribution Model".

Best regards
Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Thank you for you input to my issue.

Do you think it could be a solution to comment out line 53 to 56 in method: IF_EX_HRALE00INB_DATA_READ~ALL_OBJECTS_READ?

I have attached a screenshot of the method and highlighted what I intent to have my developer comment out.

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Morten,

If you want to maintain the location data directly in the PPM system, and you could confirm that the issue is caused by the fact that wrong/initial location data is being passed in the IDOC from the HR system, then I do not see why commenting out these lines should not work.

I do not however have an example for testing this, so I would recommend that you test both the initial BP creation and successive runs of the integration, to ensure that this does not have any unforeseen consequences.

Best regards
Francesco

Answers (0)