Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

ABAP documentation in help.sap.com

How can i find ABAP documentation in help.sap.com.

I want to find ABAP documentation with ABAP versions.

I am sure ABAP will have documentation based on it's different versions, how do i find them?

Tags:
Former Member
replied

My mouse pointer was already hovering over 'Alert moderator' button, but just for giggles I googled 'ABAP Help' and the results were quite surprising. It shows Help editions for 4.6, 7.0 and 7.31 as top results, but it seems that afterwards the Help article 'ABAP Programming' seizes to exist.

If you use the Search field on help.sap.com (and don't forget to hit 'Global search' on this super-intuitive web site) and search for 'ABAP 7.4' it only finds 'what's new' type of articles. Search for 'ABAP Programming' (and then sort by date descending because all links look the same and there is no way to know which one is for which release) and you'll only get 7.3 version.

7.4 was announced on SCN in 2013, so I'm quite puzzled - did SAP not get around yet publishing ABAP Help for it or was it renamed / moved somewhere else? Maybe @Horst Keller is in the loop on this...

@OP - ABAP Help for current version is available in the ABAP Editor. If you don't have access to an SAP system then not sure reading official Help is a good approach anyway. You'd be better off with Horst's blogs (specifically regarding new stuff in 7.4) or Paul's book. Even when available ABAP help is not a very good reading for the beginners.

5 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question