cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECR/ECO Authorization on system statuses - Coding help requested

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI PLM Gurus,

Unfortunately ( or that ,,,Iam not aware of)There is no SAP standard Authorization object to control a user setting a particular system status in ECR/ECO. This means by SAP's standard functionality any user who is authorized with authorization objects ECM_REQ and ECM_ORD in their role and all activities allowed, can set any statuses in ECR /ECO.

But typical business requirment in any change management requires the control status wise and so do we have one.

We knew this can be achieved by a custom authorization object. We have created a manual object but need help with coding to get the current status of the object for matching the authorization (allowed) values .

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check enhancement PCCD0003 (EXIT_SAPMC29C_004 - Include ZXCCAU04)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pranav,

Just to clarify ,I knew about the exit and Iam using the same exit, I was trying to get help on the coding part . Identifying Exit is not a problem .( we have used this exit a number of times for different requirements in ECM, like checking the lab/office field for an object before setting a system status , defaulting a new version of document etc)

Update : Got a parameter ( a dynamic field value)which helped us code very easily

,,,,Can share with you .

For system level authorization checks ,one can use Digital signatures and this might be the reason for not having(SAP not providing) a standard authorization object for "system status check "in Standard SAP ECM Authorizations.

Thanks a bunch for the response.

Rgds,

Satya.

former_member694558
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Could you please share how you achieved system status level authorization? I have a similar requirement where a user should be able to set only certain system statuses.

If you have any documentation my email address is rahulplm@yahoo.com.

I appreciate your help,

Rahul