cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4C ticket routing using territory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Referring to the discussion , I tried to setup the territory for the routing rules.

When testing the service ticket, it didn't assign the ticket to the agent.

Below are the screenshots of the territory management setting.

Thanks

regards,

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

The idea of Territory routing is that you can automatically assign tickets to Territories.  All the agents in the Territory Team (i.e. those who "cover" that territory) will be able to see the ticket, e.g. using the standard query "Tickets in My Territories", and work on it.  Territory routing does not assign the ticket to any specific employee.

Thanks,

Gab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gab,

Besides being able to assign an employee to multiple territories, what are other differences between Org. Unit. and Terr. Mgmt?

Any other C4C user using 2 method at the same time? What is the strategy to put them together?

Thanks

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Territory routing is much more flexible.  Where Org routing can only be based on a predefined set of standard attributes, Territory routing allows you to route based on any standard or custom attribute.

Moreover, by routing to Territories you don't have to create "virtual" orgs simply for work distribution.  The Org structure can be kept simple, or mapped to the actual HR structure.  This is even more important in cases where the Org structure is replicated from OnPremise, and you may not have the ability to add extra orgs.

In general you should not use the two routing methods together.  Currently access restrictions is the only advantage of Org routing over Territory routing.  We plan to close that gap with the next release.

Thanks,

Gab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gab,

I have tried this territory routing and it is working file.

I still have some questions to clarify before I have put it in Production.

1) How does the manager to track his agents tickets under his territory or team? So far I found there is only a "Ticket in my Territory" standard queue.

For example, a manager has 2 different team A and B. He should be able to view tickets under his teams and he should be able to know which ticket is under team A or B.

2) The escalation button will escalate the ticket to next higher level in the routing rules setup?

3) Any standard SAP report related with this territory for service ticket?

Thanks

Raymond.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Have you got the solution for your 1st and 3rd points? I have same scenario to implement can you please guide?

regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh, Raymond,

Here are some comments:

1)  The Team is available as a field in the tickets lists.  The manager can either use the standard query "My Team Tickets", or create custom queries to show all tickets for multiple teams.

2)  The escalation button will simply set a flag in the ticket.  You then need to define workflow rules to update the Team accordingly, if you want the ticket to be re-routed.  Or you could for example send a notification to the manager.

3)  The Tickets datasource includes the Territory and Team fields.  You can easily build the reports you need.  If you prefer to use a standard report, you can add the fields to the All Tickets report.

Hope this helps!

Gab

Answers (0)