cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with VL02N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking for help with VL02N basically what it is when I have a order say I have originally 2 lines

100 items

200 items

but what actually goes out is

90 items

190 items

How can I get the system to close this order off for me or do I need each time to go back to VA02 and change the original order??

Reason is my system now shows lots of open orders but I do not need to have these still open?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there anyway in VL02N to close this off before "posting goods issue" ?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no such provision exist in standard SAP for the requested functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay thanks all looks like all long few days of VA02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

If you have to do this via VA02, one at a time, then there is the "Rejection" indicator icon in the header, which can be used to reject remaining qty's on open lines. So you can do all items quite quickly. This assumes you'll apply the same rejection reason to each item.

This is preferable to reducing order qty to match delivered qty, as you then lose the record of what the original customer demand is. Some businesses use the actual ordered qty, unconstrained, as input to future forecasts, and this should use the actual demand, not delivered demand.

Cheers

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to have an underdelivery tolerance setup in customer or inforecord. This is copied over to the sales order. And a delivery within the tolerance is considered as fulfilled.

But this has to be done in advance. Now you have only the option of transaction MASS to close your sales orders. Please use the search in SCN as mass closure of sales orders was frequently discussed.

arnabsarkar2601
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

At the time of creation of sales order are you confirming 90 and 190 to the customer after ATP check? If yes this means both parties are agreeing for the same quantity and date. If that's the case then why not to adjust order at that time itself or put the fixed date & quantity indicator on schedule line tab. In this case as soon as you deliver 90 and 190 there will not be further requirement from SO to MRP.

Let me know if it helped.

Regards

Rahul

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to go bak to your sales order to close the remaining qty's.

There might be a way to implement a user exit on delivery posting, to automatically decline the remaining item qty's in SO but that's some ABAP work to accomplish the required.