cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI-TV vs. Concur

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Concur is now part of SAP, so what will happen to FI-TV?

What is SAP strategy and vision to either consolidate or re-position these functionalities.  Is Concur now became fully integrated into SAP, means real-time data update and all standard checks running for data consistency with core SAP ECC modules?

Thank you,

Paulo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

I think no consolidation is planned.

Why?

SAP Travel Management on premise (ERP) is already on maintenance mode. So no further developments (feature and functions) are planned. Only legal changes will be considered.

Only exception. Front end FIORI Apps.

Roadmap from SAP for Concur shows that they are planning to have Concur fully integrated (interfaces from and to ERP) "end of 2016". (Hopefully a little bit earlier)

One comment to your "real-time data update": I think this will never happen 😉 So for me HR data will be stored twice one in the leading HR system and a copy in Concur (data which is needed - for sure much less). Same for FI/CO data needed like cost centers, exchange rates etc.

FI postings will be transferred via a job or directly (but not "real time")

Best regards,

Sigi

0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

Do you know if the Roadmap for SAP Concur is official? Would it be possible to get access to a link or presentation with the roadmap?

Best regards,

Lena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lena,

there was a webex from SAP for all SAP Cloud for Travel customers. So I think this is official.

They have shown one slide with integration until end of this year - "Enhance current integration" (So I guess flat files handling for some specific errors etc.)

Than until end of 2016 "SAP technology based integration".

For sue (as always) a big sign on the slide "Draft and subject to change"....

Best regards,

Sigi

0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

Thanks' for your answer. Do you know how I can get access to webex?

Kind regards,

Lena

Former Member
0 Kudos

webex = a telefone conference. Actually there should be a recording but for this you need to have access to SAP Cloud for Travel business center.

0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

Thanks' for the hint.

This is what I have been searching for.

Kind regards,

Lena

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think anyone can say for 100% certain at the moment, but has posted some blogs which circle around the same question and the overall strategy/direction/future of the present and upcoming travel solutions. You might want to take a look at them:

Cheers, Lukas

EDIT: On second thought, it's mostly the second link/blog. The first link focusses more on contrasting on-prem and on-demand IMO.