cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase and operation in PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried to create the PPM manually in APO .

Please let know how to maintain phase and operation in PPM directly.

Rgds

SDB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SDB,

I would suggest you to create a simple recipe and CIF the same to APO to firast understand the concept of PPM along with phases etc. Then you can try your own. Though you can go through the below links.

PPM Plan - Production Process Model - SAP Library

Creating Master Recipes - Master Recipes (PP-PI-MD) - SAP Library

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Rahul,When I Cifed  master recipe , phases and operation are updated correctly.

But My question  - Is it possible to  mataian the phases and operation in PPM directly?  if yes please let me  know the process

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SDB,

Try to create a PPM by understanding already generated PPM from ECC. This way you would understand what things you need to maintain in PPM. Open one session where you have a PPM and try replicating the same. Then you would understand what are the essentials to create one. There after think if you have to create a new for new material with new resource what are the essentials.

Best learning is by doing it, so try to create one in your test environment.

I hope its clear for yourself.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think, mataining operation and suboperation in PPM directly is not possible in apo.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SDB,

As I know operation you can define however I am not sure you can maintain the sub-operation.

I would suggest CIF one of the master recipe as PPM and then use option of Copy Plan in /SAPAPO/SCC03 - Production Process Model and then do the changes required and activate the PPM.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDB,

In the operation screen enter a description for operation.

Example: 0010 - Setup, 0020 - Produce

Then double click on Setup line to define the activity Setup.

Example: 10 - Activity, Description - Setup, Activity Setup - S 

Double click on Activity Setup line to add component to the activity.

Tab: Components

Example: Short text - SKU code for semi finish product, I/O indicator - I, Consumption type - S, 

Double click on the component line to enter from/to dates, Unit - PC and Fixed Consumption - 1 

Tab: Mode

Example: Mode - 10, Mode priority - A, Primary resource - WZZZZZ_LOCATION_001, Location, Unit - HR, Fix.Duration - X

Double click Mode line.

Example: Fixed Cont.consumption - 2, Unit - HR, Fixed Bucket Consumption -2. 

Repeat the same procedure for finished product. At the end save and assign the PPM to the active model 000.

Thanks,

Regards, Marius