cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign an employee to 2 different org units with multiple currency in IT0008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have this requirement about an employee having 2 contracts under different entities. This means that he is tagged to 2 different org units at the same time. As our IT0001 time constraint is 1, we are not able to reflect both org units for the staff at the same time.

In addition, as there are 2 different contracts, he is paid in different currency (eg: 1000 in SGD and 1000 in USD). I am also unable to update different currencies in IT0008.

Can anyone advise or provide some help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Angela,

Technically there is actually one emplyee with two personeel number in SAP. Both personnel number will be having different contract and currency as if they are two different employee.

How they can be mapped to one employee is concept of central person. Two personnel numbers will be mapped to one CP.

CP (Central Person) is an object type which is linked via a relationship to object type P (Person). CP object is created in background while hiring a person (necessary configuration should be in place). CP is mainly required when there are multiple countries implemented in a system and an Employee needs to be re-assigned to a country other than Home country. In that case a new PERNR is generated for this employee for the new Country and this PERNR is again linked to the same CP object. Thus all the various PERNRs of Employee are liked to the same CP which uniquely identifies the Employee. 

Regards

Ajay

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your responses and help. I manage to achieve it using the central person concept.

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

Why can't employee have dual employment i.e. hired in Singapore as well US.

Either of this will be his Home country and other will be his Host country.

You can link and keep him active at both countries and pay accordingly than disturbing existing set-up.

Link him in host country by having his Global ID mapped with his personnel # of Home Country.

This will be much more easier for setting up a better process.

Thanks,

Ameet

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think its a concurrent employment. Check with sap note under personal administration which we will give you an idea for this.

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this related to Concurrent Employment? There are lots of literature on this topic. Hope this helps

Pramod