Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heuristic does not consider "old" Prod. Data Structure

mauro_candosin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all.

We have a PDS with a period of validity from 01/06/15 to 13/06/15.

We have a Demand on 15/06/15, why the heuristic run do not take into consideration the possibility to anticipate the production? It creates no production order, so we have a shortfall.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

Are you using SNP PDS or PPDS PDS? Also are you planning in finite or infinite capacity?

Are you able to create an order manually?

Thanks,

Marius

Message was edited by: Marius Talos

mauro_candosin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marius.

we are using SNP PDS and we are planning with infinite capacity. I can create the order manually.

Mauro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

In this case it seems to have something that move the date in the past more than PDS date validity.

Check in the both systems if you have at product master level some values for safety days supply, delivery time or GR/GI! Check also the transportation lead time. 

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

mauro_candosin
Participant
0 Kudos

The point is that heuristic does not creates planned order looking at the PDS valid for a period before the requirement.

I changed the end date of PDS to 20/06/15. Why heuristic does not create a planned order for the requirement of 06/07/15 using the PDS valid before the requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the date when you run the heuristic the PDS must be valid! This is the system behavior.

Thanks, Marius

mauro_candosin
Participant
0 Kudos

I am not sure, in the opposite case: a PDS that is valid after the date of requirement, heuristic can determines it in order to create a planned order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on the lead time the heuristic will calculate the date/time creation for the pl.order. If the pl.order date creation lies in the PDS'S validity dates the heuristic will be able to create this order.

Your case:

We have a PDS with a period of validity from 01/06/15 to 13/06/15.

We have a Demand on 15/06/15, why the heuristic run do not take into consideration the possibility to anticipate the production?

If your lead time is 0, the heuristic will try to create the order in the same date with the demand the 15/06/2015. But, in this case the PDS is not valid.

If you change the date validity of PDS to 15/06/2015 normally should be OK.

In your last example (different SKU I think) the lead time is few weeks (7). The heuristic will take in consideration this lead time and will try to create an order for week 03/08/2015. If a PDS is available the order will be created.

Thanks, Marius 

mauro_candosin
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank for your reply. I confirm that the second example refers to a different SKU.

I am sorry for the stupid question, but where do I fint the lead time you are referring to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For SNP pl.order the lead time is not really the correct term. You have to think to the parameters that can postpone in the future the creation of the order. Like availability dates for the components or good receipt time. 

Lead time link from SAP help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/f4/7d297144af11d182b40000e829fbfe/content.htm

mauro_candosin
Participant
0 Kudos

I understand, but it seems that the heuristic can postpone the order exactly on the first PDS validity start date (second case), but do not consider to anticipate the order "using" a PDS that is valid in a period before the requirement date.

The point is: I have to fulfill a requirement for the future, let say next month, and I have a PDS valid only for this week, why heuristic can not think to create a planning order for today?

Consider that I can not shift the demand or extend the validity of PDS to next month.

I appreciate your patient replies.

Mauro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the components are available for this week and you don't have any others parameters that can influence the start production time the heuristic should create the order this week!

Try to find where is the difference between the first and second example.

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro

when your PDS validity date is not upto date then your PDS will be inactive .you can not create  orders

and it is standard practise to locked such production  version

Regards

Virender

mauro_candosin
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank for your reply.

The point is that the PDS is valid today, 11/06/15, because the validity date is 01/06/15-13/06/15, but is "on the past" respect to the requirement 15/06/15.

We expected that system generates an order with datum 11/06/15, today, in advance respect the requirement date.

Mauro.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

It's already clear from your issue, since you don't have valid PDS that's why its not generating a planned order. Did you try extending the same and checked.

Or do you expect anything else?

Regards

Rahul

mauro_candosin
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the prompt reply.

We do not want to (we can not) extend the validity. I would expect that the system creates a planned order anticipating the requirement, so on 11/06/15 (today) using the PDS valid on 11/06/15.

This would be the same behaviour of factory calendar on standard heuristic.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

This is not the way it works. The requirement date is on 15/06/2015, for which there is valid source of supply (in your case PDS) that's why it is not generating the planned order. If you can't extend this then you should have another PDS which is valid from 14/06/2015 (basically production version) to support this requirement. It explodes as per requirement and sees whether its valid or not. Go through below link where this clearly mentioned as below:

Comparison of PP/DS Production Data Structure - Integration via APO Core Interface (CIF) - SAP Libra...

I hope it clears your doubt and issue.

Regards

Rahul

mauro_candosin
Participant
0 Kudos

We agree with you and it is fine for us that the system generates order only inside the period of validity of a PDS. The point is that the heuristic looks for a valid PDS only from the date of requirement onwards.

How can we manage this?

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro

if we have requirement then it means we need to have valid BOM and routing to support this. In business language we need to have components and line/resources to produce this. If we are already saying to system nothing is available after this date then would it meet the demand. The only solution would be to provide valid PDS which means either extend this or create a new production version which can support this.

Could you you explain how would you produce if you don't have component or line/resources to support requirement in reality but not in system?

I hope you got my point.

regards

Rahul

mauro_candosin
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, understand. But the point is that, for some products, all the yearly requirements have to be produced in a particular week. So we need to concentrate all the production on that week.

I have the requirement for next month, for example, but I have components/line/resources this week, why does it seems that heuristic can not consider PDS (so components/line/resources) in advance respect the requirement date?

Thank you for the cooperation.

Mauro

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The logic works, when there is requirement fulfill the same. Since your requirement is next month system is planning accordingly for the same considering other requirements also if they use same resource, else follow the simple rule to fulfill.

Now in your case you want to produce before, basically want to generate stock before hand to meet requirement in future. For this shouldn't I logically shift me demand itself to this week, produce the same and maintain stock. When actual orders arrive meet from stock.

Or, you can work with safety time maintained on MRP2 tab. But in this case it would shift your supplies for all demands w.r.t. number of days maintained there.

But again what's the harm in keeping it valid and then produce early? If you keep your PDS valid, it would generate planned order and finally you can produce it early.

Regards

Rahul

mauro_candosin
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul.

I can not move the demand.

We do not want to maintain it valid, otherwise heuristic will propose planned orders in the bucket of requirement. We would like to maintain the demand splitted during all the buckets, but concentrate the planned order in the period of validiy of PDS.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mauro

IN this case you need to have valid PDS so that it can explode the same and generate supplies accordingly. I hope after doing all checks you will conclude the same.

Regards

Rahul