cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Person responsible for work center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Can you tell me please the main use of person responsible ?

Is it the labor working in the work center or the person responsible to maintain information about work center in SAP ( some one who's working only on the system ) ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marouane,

It depends how you want to use this. If you say that your definition of person responsible is person who maintains the same i.e. work center master data then that would be the case. Though SAP definition is also same.

On the other hand if you want to use for the person who is responsible for this work center (basically labor) then you can use that way also. Example 5 different lathes and on each lathe you have an individual who works on a daily basis (though we can argue what if, if working in shifts etc.) but then the person actually responsible would come here.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you rahul .

So if we assign person responsible as person who maintains master data ,what will be the use of this person , do we have to assign some task lists or something like that ??

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marouane,

Logically thinking there is not much to change in work center if maintained correctly being master data. But on the other hand depending business scenario's:

• companies increase there capacities, then in this case this person has to update work center accordingly.
  • if on default values you have maintained parameters with "reference indicator", this means values in routing can't be changed. If you make any change then it would impact all routing. So one can manage & monitor is required. Example if control key changed from X to Y for any reason. So one should be aware of consequences.
  • costing wise are the cost centers correct and assigned activity types are correct and updated ones.

In nut shell ensuring right master data for this work center which is being used in one or n routing.

I hope it's clear for yourself.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you really helpful

Answers (0)