cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXMB_MONI: Outbound Status Red (Need Err Message Alerts)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the best way to setup meaasge alerts in XI for a red flag in SXMB_MONI in the "Outbound Status" field? We currently have error messageing setup in ALERTCATDEF that will send an error message when the "Status" field is a red flag but I don't know if there is a way to point it to the "Outbound Status" also. We use the following short text in ALERTCATDEF for notification:

System: &SXMS_ERRSRC_SYSNAME&

POS XI Message ID: &SXMS_MSG_GUID&

POS XI Error Category: &SXMS_ERROR_CAT&

POS XI Error Code: &SXMS_ERROR_CODE&

I am thinking tha ALERTCATDEF will only send an alert when the "Status" field is red flag, and may not be possible to point to the "Outbound Status" field".

Any suggestions? Thank-You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There might be some configuration you can make.

In RWB, go to Alert Configuration.

In Alert Configuration, under "Where did the error occur?", select Integration Engine. For the Error Category, choose XIServer. Then, in the dropdown for Error Code, you can see a couple errors related to "Outbound".

If you cannot find anything suitable there, you can check out other Error Categories.

Regards,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

I cannot seem to get into any dropdowns after I choose Integration Engine, probably authorization issue. But, if I do this will it only look for that one particular error and negate the error notification I currently receive for the red Status flag? Thank-You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

<i>In Alert Configuration, under "Where did the error occur?", select Integration Engine. For the Error Category, choose XIServer. Then, in the dropdown for Error Code, you can see a couple errors related to "Outbound".</i>

Once again check, if are able to create the category then you will have the above said option

I checked it ok i am able getting the options.

Try to select the Integration Server and next sub level , select the Mapping_exception_during_execution ..or similar and check it will will suits or not..

Regards

Chilla

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bill,

2 questions here,

1. Are alerts also triggered for outbound errors?

Am not very sure but if i remember correct ,in one of our scenarios when there was an error in SM58 while posting the Idoc ( error on outbound side in MONI ) no alert was triggered. I dont have any access to a server where alerts are working and so would just like to confirm if alerts are triggered also for Outbound side errors or are they triggered only for inbound errors?

2. If they are triggered for both, then wouldnt selectin NO RESTRICTION in where did the error occur suffice?

Regards

Bhavesh

Message was edited by:

Bhavesh Kantilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

what can I do with messages which have a red flag for IE outbound side?! I cant reprocess, I cant delete, I cant archive. How can I make this message to be send to the receiver system?

Thanks

regards

Nesimi

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can actually restart message with an Error on the outbound side.

If it is an Idoc, then go to SM58 and restart the TRFC from there ( there is report for this - Check Naveen's blog --> How to restart messsages automatically in XI )

If BPM, then correct the error and then restart the workflow of your BPM.

Yes, but you dont get alerts for TRFC errrors ( SM58) errors.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Oubound side is red ...?

Did you tried this type method.

Alerts with variables from the messages payload (XI) - UPDATED - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Regards

Chilla