Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to design Objects in ESR and IB

vikas_saxena3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requirements in such a way that, I need to to make call to one solution provide to fetch their data. I am briefing how I have to do this so your expert opinion can help me to design PI objects.

1. To my fetch our organization specific data, I need to make a REST call (URL) you one solution provider by passing company key and service account. This will return a Token in response.

2. I need to append this Token into another REST call (many function has been provided for different set of data) to same provider to fetch desired data in XML format.

3. Finally this XML pass has to pass to SQL server DB.

Please help to provide to right approach to design and execute this PI project.

Thanks in Advance!!

~Vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

Please upgrade your system to PI 7.31 SP16 (dual stack)very latest  (or) go to P0 7.4 SP10.

It contains latest features of Standard REST adapter.

Thanks,
Sateesh

vikas_saxena3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh, Vila for your reply.

We don't have REST adaptor in our landscape so not able to go with this approach, so apart from this approach can you please suggest me something else? Thanks!!

~Vikas

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

If you can't use Rest adapter (it's free without extra license, depending your PI, it will be supporterd or not), You have this options:

1. If you work with XML, you can try with http adapter and to construct the URL dynamically.

2. If you work with XML, to use AXIS adapter.

3. If you work with JSON you can develop you own module adapter. In this option you have a wonderful module deleveloped by Eng Swee Yeoh,

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Can you please give detail steps if I go with this scenario for 1 & 2 steps.

1. If you work with XML, you can try with http adapter and to construct the URL dynamically.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Also, Can you please tell me whether this scenario can support >30MB data as response either in JSON or XML format.

Regards,

Sri

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthi,

In Rest architecture the URL paths change like you navigate in a web. You can change dynamically as this example shows:

AXIS adapter support rest communication, but i think not all features are supported. Check Michal's blog:

Also, Can you please tell me whether this scenario can support >30MB data as response either in JSON or XML format.

It depends about your PI hardware. By defect, there are not limitations.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Inaki.

Regards.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

What is your PI version?, not all PI releases support Rest adapter and the SOAP AXIS adapter has limitations with Rest connections. Do you go to work with JSON or only with XML?

If you can develop the sender code you can divide Hareesh suggestion in three scenarios, if for example you can use the same token to do several requests with the second Rest call, or you need to know the JDBC insert response. If you don't have this circunstances, no doubt Hareesh suggestion is the best choice in my opinion.

Regards.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Who initiates the call?(makes the request)

May be you can design something like below

Request -> Java mapping(to fetch token) -> Rest adapter(sync) (async-sync bridge)

Rest response -> mapping -> JDBC receiver

Rest adapter in sync mode :